November 23&24 - Asynchronous Learning Day – All Students Remain at Home and log in for a quick check-in
November 25-29 – Thanksgiving Holiday
November 30 – In Building - All Pre-K-3 Students, Gr 4 and 5 Cohort B and Regional Programs
Remote – Grade 4 and 5 Cohort A & C
December 2 – Asynchronous Learning Day – All Students Remain at Home and log in for a quick check-in
Virtual Academy Parent Survey for 2nd Semester – enroll or come out
December 3 – Virtual PTA Meeting 7:00 pm
We are so thankful for all of our HES families and the grace you have demonstrated this school year. While it is a very difficult time for all the work becomes easier when you are working with others that care and appreciate. We APPRECIATE YOU! We implore you to please continue to practice the 3 W’s over the next week and limit your social interactions. We do not want to put our students or staff in danger when we return. If your child is experiencing any COVID symptom please keep them at home.
Virtual Academy Option:
WCPSS will be deploying a survey December 2 to all elementary families allowing you to indicate if you want your child to enroll in Virtual Academy or come to school face to face for the second semester. This survey will close on December 9. Please be having conversations about this now as we will need to make staff adjustments based on parent responses. This will be a very quick turnaround and changes will not be able to be made after December 9. Things to consider: WCPSS is recommending all Pre-K – 5th grade students return in person daily beginning second semester. At that time we would be in Plan A when social distancing is no longer required.
- Looking for a fun family activity to do this holiday season? Check out these DIY ornament kits from AR workshop! Follow the link to see the kit options available. Use code HES at checkout! https://www.arworkshop.com/event/?loc=raleigh&ev=195118
- PTA needs your help! If you would like to be a part of our Board Advisory Council, please reach out to us! We would be happy to share what that position will entail.
- Join us for our next PTA meeting on Dec.3 via google meet (link will be provided later)
At this time we will be discussing fundraising, upcoming events, and our School Improvement Plan. Heritage Elementary's goal is to provide a relevant and engaging education that will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers. To help us meet this overarching goal the staff and teachers have established the Student Improvement Program so that, by July 2021, the percentage of students demonstrating proficiency will increase 4 percentage points in Literacy and Math as measured by state and district assessments. Come hear our teachers discuss the SIP and learn how iStation and Dreambox play a vital role in helping our school achieve this goal.
- 7 - Spirit Day with Which Wichsandwiches. All day event!
- 16 - PTA will provide a Staff Holiday Luncheon. Stay tuned for ways to volunteer!
- 17 - Spirit Night at Mellow Mushroom from 4-8