HES Announcements 7.17.20
Preparing Your Child for Plan B:
- Please have your child begin wearing a face mask each day for extended periods of time so they are familiar with it when they come to school.
- Please practice handwashing for at least 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday) so students will do this routinely while at school.
- Water fountains will not be accessible. Please prepare to send your child to school with their own personal water bottle marked with their name.
- Families will be informed of their cohort assignment by August 10
- Week of August 17 and 24 students will attend school ONLY one day each week:
- Cohort 1 – Monday August 17, 24
- Cohort 2 – Wednesday August 19, 26
- Cohort 3 – Friday August 21, 28
Parents whose children are assigned to a bus but will not be riding the bus in 2020-21 need to submit a decline bus form by July 17 at www.wcpss.net/declinebus so that transportation has the most up-to-date information. WCPSS is using this information to determine cohorts.
FYI: WCPSS Virtual Academy Open House
There will be a virtual open house featuring information about the new WCPSS Virtual Academy on Thursday, July 16 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. WCPSS officials who are designing the Virtual Academy will be on hand to address questions that we have collected from families and teachers over the last several weeks. You may submit your questions via this Google form. We will address those questions that have been the most common among our community. Attend the Open House on Thursday beginning at 5:30 p.m.: www.youtube.com/user/WakeCountySchools. It will also be archived on our YouTube channel. Deadline to apply is July 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
FYI: State Updates K-12 Face Covering Requirement, which now Includes Elementary Students
Earlier this week the state announced that face coverings will be required for all K-12 students, including elementary. Following the state’s newly updated health requirements, all students will be expected to wear face coverings when they are anywhere on school grounds and while traveling on buses, vendor transportation or other WCPSS vehicles. Please begin practicing with your child to wear a face mask and increase the time each day so this is not new to them when they attend school.