Principal Message Week of May 1, 2022
Here we are already in May! It is hard to believe we are in the last full month of school. Please take just a few minutes to give your input on our school! You can help our school become better by completing the family Panorama Survey:
The survey will be open until May 6th. Our School Improvement Team uses this information to help make DDE better than ever! We value your input!
For the week of May 1st
- CARNIVAL - Come One Come All! - May 7th 1:00-5:00pm. Last chance to purchase your Student Band - here. Reduced Sale Price Expires Tonight! Carnival bands can still be purchased at the door on May 7th! Sneak Peek of our Carnival in Pictures - click here! Tattoos, Fairy Hair, Balloons, Carnival Games, Raffles, Ice Cream and More!!
- Raffle Tickets on sale at Dolphin Depot & the Carnival! Spring Carnival Raffles are open! Each ticket is $1 and can be purchased from Dolphin Depot on May 3 and May 5, as well as during Carnival. Drawing will take place after 5pm on May 7. Please send cash with your child if they wish to purchase raffle tickets from Dolphin Depot. They will need to write their name and teacher's name on the back of EACH ticket. Check social media for pictures!
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week is May 3rd-6th! Check out this link for ways to celebrate your child’s teachers and staff at DDE.
SPRING CARNIVAL SILENT AUCTIONThe online auction opens at 5:00PM on May 2 and closes at 5:00PM on May 7. Check out all of the items that we have put together for you and please, bid generously! Your contributions benefit the work and initiatives of the PTA in support of our school community and our educators.
We need a few more volunteers to make our field day a super success. Please sign up here: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/437021779629372057/true#/confirm
Earth Day Update:
- We collected over 700 pairs of sneakers during Earth Week! Thank you to each and every family that sent in some sneakers. So much better than sitting in landfills. We will do this again next year :)
- We had so many beautiful Earth Day poster submissions by our students! If you got a chance to see them at our Earth Day Celebration you know what I am talking about! The artwork was beautiful and creative, and the messages were very deep, inspiring, and thought provoking!
Here are the contest winners:
1st Place Winners
K - Kate Caroline - Mrs. Riggsbee
1st - Siyeon - Mrs. Bass
2nd - Rian - Mrs. Steber
3rd - Shruti - Mrs. Nista
4th - Sophia - Mr. Paine
5th - Eleanor & Lucia - Mrs. Shelton
K - Serena - Mrs. Lynch
1st - Hiroki - Mrs. Long
Spencer - Mrs. Olbertz
2nd - Aadya- McKone/Gerken
Nora - Tawfik
3rd - Evelyn - Mrs. Harmer
Marmi - Nista
Shaurya, Shailean, Prabhav - Mr. Riccuitu
4th - Emmy, Hamin, Luke - Mrs. Culver
Avika - Mr. Paine
Nandika - Mr. Paine
David - Mrs. Kitts (Re-Shoe)
5th - Rithvika - Mrs. Cummings
Isabella - Mrs. Cummings
Adhithiya - Mrs. Roberson
Alice - Mrs. Cummings
DDES Family Nights at West Regional Library
We are very excited about this year's DDES Family Nights at West Regional Public Library! On the first Wednesday of every month, our Media Coordinator, Mrs. Fiedler, and the staff at West Regional will host a get-together for DDES families. In addition to helping your child get their own library card, the librarians can create custom booklists and Express Book Bags (personalized picks to grab and go) for your child!
Due to COVID restrictions, however, space is limited to 20 DDES families per month. If you are interested in attending our next Family Night on May 4th at 6 pm, please complete this interest form - https://forms.gle/pXAqxFwavHwFyk5PA
Attention, aspiring authors of all ages—it’s time to fire up your keyboards or sharpen your pencils for Wake County Public Library's writing contest is back!
Who can enter?
- School-aged children (Kindergarteners - 5th graders)
- Teens (6-10th graders)
What are the contest dates?
April 1-30, 2022
When will winners be notified?
June 1, 2022.
Our librarians read and evaluate each story. Last year we received over 1000 submissions!
Three outstanding authors will be selected in each age group, and their stories will be published on WCPL’s website. Click here for more details!