Principal Message Week of January 23, 2022
Good afternoon Davis Drive Elementary families,
I hope everyone enjoyed the snow and extra time off from school. If you use Twitter, please share your snow pics and tag @ddedolphins. We have enjoyed the fun pics we have seen so far. Even our teachers had fun in the snow! Thank you for your patience as we deal with daily bus changes. As soon as I hear of an afternoon change I will send out a text via messenger. In the mornings, please look at: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/177 to see if there are any bus cancellations. Also, sign up for Here Comes the Bus app: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/35380
For any opening delays/closings they will be posted on the WCPSS main page. Please check there before calling school. They are posted there as soon as the District makes the decision. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Character Trait: Optimism
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose
-MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
To help extend the learning in the classroom to your students' homes, we encourage you to share P2 for Families with your students' parents and caretakers.
Ice cream and bottled water is now being offered in the cafe. This is not free - the charges range from .75-1.25 and students need money on their lunch account.
PTA Top 5
For the week of January 24th
- Staff Appreciation - “Fuel Up” Snack Bar! Please help us show appreciation to our amazing staff. Click this link to find out what we are serving up on January 28th and how you can help! We will collect food on Thursday Jan 27th. Thank you!
- Alpaca Spirit Night! Don’t cook dinner this Wednesday, January 26th. Tell the cashier you are supporting the DDE PTA. Scan this linked QR code when placing your order. Veg and NonVeg options available.
- WAKE Up and Read! Our school will be a collection site for the annual Book Drive. Start cleaning out your home libraries now! We will collect books for ages birth to 12 years beginning on January 29th. Click here for the details.
- Purchase a vintage DDE Shirt for your valentine - $5 shirts available for purchase in our online store - Each shirt is wrapped like a rose. Click here for details!
- Book your Spring Break and Summer Camp with Over The Moon Play Space. Each week has a different theme, and for all camps booked by February 28th with the code DDEPTA they will donate 10% back to the Davis Drive Elementary PTA! Grab your spots now before they fill up: OverTheMoonPlay.com/summer-camps. More details on our Events Page.