Principal's Message Week of May 30, 2021
May 30, 2021
Davis Drive Elementary families,
We had a very successful week of learning and testing. Seeing all the VA students face to face for the first time this year was wonderful! We loved seeing all the rising Kindergartners and their families for our Kinder orientation!
Monday, May 31st is Memorial Day, there is no school.
Tuesday, June 1 st there will be a PTA meeting and Q&A with Mrs. Fair
Wednesday, June 2nd
Grade 4 EOGs for in person students and Grade 5 EOGs for VA students and in person students
Thursday, June 3rd
Grade 4 EOGs for in person and Grade 5 EOGs for VA students and in person students
5 pm - 6 pm Grade 5 Parade
Friday, June 4th
Grade 5 EOGs for in person students
Saturday, June 5th
VA Students may start to drop off materials on Saturday, June 5, 9:00 am-noon at the curb at the front entrance. After June 5, you may drop off items any time but please avoid arrival and dismissal times (7:00-7:45 am and 1:30-2:30 pm)
Please return library books, math kits, headsets, and any other books that were sent home with students this year. A list of books that need to be returned can be found here.
After school Registration
Anyone interested in the DDE Afterschool Program for 2021-2022 may come to school on this day between the hours of 10 am - 2:00 pm to drop off their deposit of $15 and complete their registration. You will have the option to mail in your registration but it MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 4th.
News from the Media Center:
- The last day of Curbside Pickup is May 24th
- All media center books are due NLT June 4th. Common places to find lost books are:
- Under your child's bed
- In the backseat/backpocket of the car
- In your child's desk or cubby
- In the Lost & Found
- In backpacks
- In sibling's rooms
- At a grandparent's house
- At the babysitter's house
- In bookshelves at home
- On top of the TV
- On top of the refrigerator
- In closets
- If a media center book is truly lost, you can now pay for it online here.
- Our media center gerbils, Fred & George, are looking for a summer sleepover! All of their food and supplies are provided and they are great with kids! If you are interested in hosting them for the summer, please email Mrs. Fiedler at firstname.lastname@example.org.