Principal's Message Week of April 19, 2021
April 18, 2021
Davis Drive Elementary families,
What a great week here at Davis Drive Elementary! Sunshine and learning happening all around. We welcomed back some students into the building from Virtual Academy and we love seeing more smiling children around our school. Students are doing a great job remembering our health and safety protocols. Please read below for reminders about screening your students at home before they come to school.
Symptom Screening Reminders:
While WCPSS has stopped doing temperature and question screenings when children arrive to school, we are relying on you to screen your children at home.
Students should not be in school if they are diagnosed with Covid 19, exposed to someone with Covid 19, instructed to quarantine, or if they are sick or experiencing any of these symptoms(new symptoms have been added):
- 100.4 fever or higher
- Sore Throat
- New Cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
Please click on the link and read the PTA updates! There is information about the upcoming Silent Auction, need for officers for next year, staff appreciation, and more! PTA Newsletter
Nutrition Services (Cafeteria)
There is a menu change for Friday, April 23rd. We will not be having "Baked Chicken Drumstick" due to shortages, but instead will be having a Grab-n-Go peanut butter box.
Child Nutrition Services is proud to introduce our WCPSS families to a new interactive menu website called MealViewer. On this website, families can:
- Set up multiple profiles at the schools of their choice
- View 5 weeks of menus for breakfast and lunch
- See any menu changes posted by the manager at each site
- Choose menu items based on allergens
- View nutrients for each menu item
- Add nutrients for meals eaten, even partial meals
- Submit ratings on your favorite items
A link to these new interactive menus has been added to the Davis Drive Elementary menus webpage School Meals / Menus.
Makeup School Photos
Makeup spring photo day is scheduled for Monday, April 19th.
- Sign up link for virtual students only Virtual Student Make up Photo Day sign up
- Virtual students time slot is from 8 am - 11 am and face to face students is from 11 am - 2 pm.
- Virtual Students should come to the front of the building and ring the doorbell.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child.
- Families should self screen prior to entering the building.
- Order Information for photos Spring Photo Order Information
Virtual Field Day is scheduled for May 5th. More information will be coming from your teachers.