Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020
Wake County and Cary Elementary Kindergarten Registration
Available Online starting October 15, 2018
New this year all registrations will be done online!
Visit the Registration Portal with confirmation appointments streamlining your experience!
- Visit wcpss.net/caryes
- follow the link for enrollment
- You will be contacted to complete your registration with your follow up documentation by appointment
- Additional tours available by signing up at our website (under Links for Parents)
During the upcoming 2019-2020 school year all incoming kindergarten students will be assigned to a base school determined by their address. Base school information is available at www.wcpss.net. Please note the assignment process is still in the draft phase by the Board of Education.
- All incoming kindergarten students will need to register at their base school. Once registered, incoming kindergarten students are automatically assigned to their base school for the 2019-2020 school year; no additional application is necessary to attend your base school.
- All families interested in Magnet or Calendar option schools will need to first pre-register at their base school, then apply on-line at www.wcpss.net during the application periods found at wcpss.net.
- Magnet Application Period is January 4 through January 30, 2019.
- Request for School Transfer (final) application period is February 21 – March 6, 2019.
To register parents must present the following items:
Your child’s birth certificate
Parent/Guardian must present Picture ID (driver’s license)
Proof of residence in your name (your current light bill, gas bill or water bill, or a lease agreement or closing contract signed within the past 30 days.)