Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021
Wake County and Cary Elementary Kindergarten Registration
All registrations are completed online
Visit the Registration Portal with confirmation appointments streamlining your experience!
- Visit wcpss.net/caryes
- follow the link for enrollment
- You will be contacted to complete your registration with your follow up documentation by appointment
Your child must be five years of age by August 31, 2020 to register
- Additional tours available by signing up at our website (under Links for Parents)
During the upcoming 2020-2021 school year all incoming kindergarten students will be assigned to a base school determined by their address. Base school information is available at www.wcpss.net. Please note the assignment process is still in the draft phase by the Board of Education.
- All incoming kindergarten students will need to register at their base school. Once registered, incoming kindergarten students are automatically assigned to their base school for the 2020-2021 school year; no additional application is necessary to attend your base school.
- Request for School Transfer (final) application period is February 21 – March 6, 2020.
To register parents must present the following items:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian must present Picture ID (driver’s license)
- Proof of residence in your name (your current light bill, gas bill or water bill, or a lease agreement or closing contract signed within the past 30 days.)
- Immunization records
- Your child’s completed Kindergarten Health Assessment form must be provided by the first day of the 2020/2021 school year. The Kindergarten Health assessment cannot be completed sooner than one year before the first day of school.