January 28, 2024
Please read below for the latest updates and information.
Cary Chamber of Commerce Honor a Teacher The Cary Chamber of Commerce has been a leader in supporting education in our community through numerous programs and activities. One of the most critical needs of Wake County schools is that of attracting and retaining the best classroom teachers. With the Cary Chamber of Commerce's Honor a Teacher Program we hope to help our school system in meeting that challenge.
Building on the success of the Discovery Award first sponsored by the Ashworth family in 1991, followed by the Clara Knoll Award in 2000 by Barry and DJ Mitsch, the Cary Chamber has secured sponsors to develop a teaching awards program for all schools in the Cary Area. Please nominate a Carpenter Elementary teacher using this link by February 9th: Honor a Teacher Google Form
Extra Set of Clothes Please remember that all students need an extra change of clothes they keep at school for any accidents that may occur in the classroom or at recess. We do not have any extra clothes at this time to lend to students.
Please remember that learning starts at 9:15, so please arrive before this time to give your child time to walk to their class to be ready to learn with their class.
Lost and Found
With the cooler temperatures, our Lost and Found has grown! There are many jackets, sweatshirts, hats, and water bottles without an owner. If your child is missing anything, please have them check the lost and found. We have organized all items and have them hanging and/or displayed in the front hallway. All items still left at the end of February will be donated.
THANK YOU to everyone that came out for our Chipotle spirit night. You helped raise $203 for the PTA!
Science Expo! We are only a few weeks away from our Annual Science Expo which will be held February 15th from 5:30-7pm! We will have two food trucks: Kono Pizza and Jam's Ice Cream Treats. Any student at Carpenter can participate and multiple students can work on one project together. Please register all projects at this link:
Guidelines for Projects:
Follow these main criteria:
- The project idea, execution and display should be the work of the student. While parents are encouraged to assist, please ensure the student is the owner of their project.
- Use the scientific method. Great resource on YouTube:
- Display the project on a standard, three panel display board that is roughly 36” by 48.” We can't wait to see all the scientific thinking, problem-solving, prediction, and improvisation our budding scientists have to offer!
Upcoming Events/Important Dates
- February 1-29- Black History Month
- February 15- Welcome Back, Track 3!
- February 15- Happy Track Out, Track 2!
Important Links to Access: