January 7, 2024
We are ready for the first full week of school in 2024!
We encourage all parents who drive their children to school to please use the carpool loop to drop their child(ren) off instead of parking. If you feel you must park and walk your child to the door, it is imperative that you use the crosswalk. It is very dangerous to have parents and small children crossing the parking lot at multiple places throughout the parking lot as cars are driving through. The safety of our families is the utmost of importance to us. Please help us with this during arrival time.
Also- please remember that learning starts at 9:15, so please arrive before this time to give your child time to walk to their class to be ready to learn with their class.
Lost and Found
With the cooler temperatures, our Lost and Found has grown! There are many jackets, sweatshirts, hats, and water bottles without an owner. If your child is missing anything, please have them check the lost and found this week. Our lost and found is located on the stage in the gym. All items still left at the end of February will be donated.
Next Spirit Event!
Calling all Scientists! Carpenter Elementary will hold their Annual Science Expo on February 15, 2024 from 5:30-7pm. Joining us will be two food trucks: Kono Pizza and Jam's Ice Cream Treats.. Any student at Carpenter can participate and multiple students can work on one project together. Please register all projects at this link:
What are the Guidelines for a Project?
Guidelines for the project are very flexible, but we ask you to follow these main criteria:
- The project idea, execution and display should be the work of the student. While parents are encouraged to assist, please ensure the student is the owner of their project.
- Use the scientific method. Great resource on YouTube:
- Display the project on a standard, three panel display board that is roughly 36” by 48”
We can't wait to see all the scientific thinking, problem-solving, prediction, and improvisation our budding scientists have to offer!
Upcoming Events/Important Dates
- January 15- MLK, Jr. Day- Holiday No School
- January 24- Happy Track Out, Track 3!
- January 25- Welcome Back, Track 4!
- February 15- Welcome Back, Track 3!
- February 15- Happy Track Out, Track 2!
Important Links to Access: