January 3, 2022
To All Carpenter Parents/Guardians,
We trust that everyone enjoyed the slower pace and time off during winter break. As wonderful as it was, it also feels good to get back into our routine with school. We so enjoyed having our Tracks 1-3 students back today. Track 4 students, accepted into the Extended Summer Learning program, also started back today. We started off without power and then after the power came back on, it started to snow. So 2022 has already gotten our attention! Here are some other school updates:
*Grateful for Your Generosity: We are simply blown away with the generosity of our families. We are so grateful for all the cards, gifts, and meaningful words expressed to staff before the holidays. More importantly, we were overwhelmed at the collective amount of funds that were donated through our PTA for grocery gift cards for chameleons in need. Thank you for your sacrificial giving and thoughtfulness for others. We so appreciate your kindness in providing for so many families.
*Parent Circles: We will be hosting Parent Circles on Monday, January 10th at 6:00 pm. Parent Circles build community and connections while mirroring many morning meeting practices that our students participate in. The Circle process is an organized group discussion that invites everyone to share openly when they feel comfortable. This invitational dialogue process builds rapport, strengthens relationships, and bridges differences. Please RSVP and let us know how many adults to expect from your family.
*Survey: If you haven’t already, please fill out our Parent Survey as it is needed for school improvement purposes.
*Masks: There have not been any changes regarding masking requirements. Masks still need to be worn indoors and must cover the nose, mouth, and chin.
*COVID Conditions: Due to the revised guidance from the CDC and the StrongSchoolsNCToolkit, WCPSS has updated the quarantine and isolation requirements. More information can be found here. Let us know if you have any questions about the new guidance as we all adjust to the changes.
- Testing – Regardless of vaccination status, students and staff should get tested and isolate from others while waiting for the results. (If testing is not possible, follow the guidance below as if you are positive).
- Isolation – Regardless of vaccination status, staff and students that test positive for COVID-19 should isolate from others for 5 days. People must be fever free with symptoms improving to return to school.
- Quarantine – When students and staff are exposed to someone with COVID:
- Not Vaccinated – Stay away from others for 5 days, get tested on the 5th day after exposure, and may return if test is negative.
- Vaccinated but not Boosted – Stay away from others for 5 days after exposure, and may return to school if test is negative.
- Vaccinated and Boosted or not yet Eligible for a Booster – No need to stay away from others.
*Staying in the Vehicle: During morning carpool, please have your children stay in your vehicle until the bell rings and staff come outside to supervise. Several families are letting their children out of their vehicles before the bell rings and children smush up against the front doors to our school. Since our doors swing outward, we have to call to the children (from the other side of the glass) to step away from the doors before we can push them open to come outside (otherwise the doors will hit your children).
Have a good week.
Dr. Fay Jones
January 7th = Report Cards Sent Home for Tracks 1-3
January 10th = Parent Circles at Carpenter - 6:00 pm
January 17th = School Closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21st = Track 3 Tracks Out
January 24th = Track 4 Tracks In
January 28th = Report Cards Sent Home for Track 4