Kindergarten Registration Information
Dear Prospective Penguin Family,
Welcome to Laurel Park! We are happy to support your child's transition to Kindergarten at our school. Registration hours are from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays every week. Mrs. Elana Murray, our data manager, can be contacted at email@example.com if you have questions.
Step 1: Find your base school
In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.
Step 2: Enroll online:
Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support at 866-752-6850.
Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school
In order to finalize the registration process, school staff will review your submission and contact you with the next steps. Please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. The following documents need to be presented in person at the school in order to complete the registration process even if you have uploaded the document to the online registration:
A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
Proof of your Wake County address:
- Current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
- Newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old,
- Settlement statement or
- Offer to Purchase agreement, in limited circumstances.
Step 4: Obtain and submit proof of immunizations and NC Health Assessment
State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed NC Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. NC Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department. State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade.
Step 5: Attend Open House or Schedule a Tour
- LPE Open House night is scheduled for Wednesday, January 9th from 5:30 - 7:00 PM. This is an excellent opportunity to see the school, speak to teachers and support staff members about the Kindergarten experience, and learn more about the track system.
- We will also conduct several tours in the spring, which include a Q & A session. Please register: School Tours
- Track Benefits According to LPE Teachers
Our School Motto:
Cultivating Learning, Growing Minds, Nurturing Hearts