Dear White Oak Explorers,
We are proud to announce 2019-20 White Oak Elementary School Spelling Bee! We are excited to give our 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Explorers this opportunity to demonstrate their spelling skills in the tradition of robust academic competition. Please review the spelling bee schedule listed below.
- November 16 - Information Sheet due. Students must return the bottom portion of this form by this date in order to participate in the bee.
- November 20 - Participants will receive study lists to prepare for class spelling bees.
- All of the words from the 2020 School Spelling Bee Study List will be taken from engaging, grade-appropriate books, allowing students to get to know these words in the context of great stories.
- Families should review the website spellingbee.com for more information
- The website includes the study resource (free preview & paid version) Word Club
- Check out the links below to see a copy of the study guides that are available:
- December 16 – December 19 – Classroom Spelling Bees
- Specific dates for each class to be determined by the teacher. The winner and runner-up from each classroom will move on to the School-Wide Spelling Bee.
- January 17 – School-Wide Spelling Bee (Inclement Weather Date: 1/24)
- March 14 - Wake County Spelling Bee for WOES winner
***If you have any questions, please contact Allison Molinaro, Literacy Teacher, at email@example.com
More information and resources are available at spellingbee.com