Dear White Oak Explorers,
We are proud to announce 2018-19 White Oak Elementary School Spelling Bee! We are excited to give our 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Explorers this opportunity to demonstrate their spelling skills in the tradition of robust academic competition. Please review the spelling bee schedule listed below.
If you are interested in participating in the spelling bee, return the Spelling Bee Participant Information Sheet by Friday, 11/16.
- November 16 - Information Sheet due. Students must return the sheet by this date in order to participate in the bee.
- November 19 - Participants will receive grade level study lists to prepare for classroom spelling bees.
- This year, all of the words from the 2019 School Spelling Bee Study List will be taken from engaging, grade-appropriate books, allowing students to get to know these words in the context of great stories.
- Families should review the website spellingbee.com for more information
- The website includes the study resource (free preview & paid version) Word Club
- Check out the links below to see a copy of the study guides & book lists that are available:
- December 17 – December 20 – Third, Fourth & Fifth grade classes will hold a Classroom Spelling Bee. Specific dates for each class TBD. The winner and runner-up from each classroom will move on to the School-Wide Spelling Bee.
- January 25 – School-Wide Spelling Bee (Inclement Weather Date: TBD)
- March 19 - Wake County Spelling Bee for WOES winner
***If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Boynton, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and resources are available at spellingbee.com