September 18 Weekly Message
Hi Families! This is Principal Batten providing updates about Pleasant Grove Elementary for you and your child.
PTA Dance Fit Update:
Pleasant Grove Families! We’re on our way to reaching our goal of $16,000 for a new Sun Shade for the Playground! Thanks for your support so far!
Please help our school TODAY by sharing your donation link with others, or giving to our school if you are able.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL INFORMATION
Families get helpful information about school routines and procedures to know for students at https://bit.ly/pgesinfo
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE WEEK:
- PTA Family Night at Goodberry’s: Tuesday, September 20. Join us at two locations – one in Raleigh at Strickland Rd & Leesville Rd. or in Cary at Davis Drive & High House Rd. Proceeds benefit student arts programs and teacher grants.
- School Yearbooks: Now is the best time of year to order a school yearbook. Lowest price of the year until September 30. Order online at https://bit.ly/PGESYB2023
- Feed a Flyer Angel Account: The cafeteria Angel Account is empty. If anyone would like to contribute, contact the Cafeteria Manager, Ms. Beniamen. Any contributions help feed students if they forget their lunch at home or if their meal account runs out rather than the alternative meal of fruits & vegetables.
- 4th & 5th Grade AIG Nominations: The nomination window for fall Academically & Intellectually Gifted (AIG) testing is open now until Friday, October 7. This is for 4th and 5th graders only. Families can email Leigh Ann Foxx, AIG teacher at email@example.com to nominate a student.
- Carpool Update: Afternoon carpool is ending by 4:05 PM. Students who have not been picked up by the time the carpool line is done will need for parents to park and come inside to sign them out.
- Health Assessment Forms: New families, please submit your required health assessment documentation for your child. At the end of the 30 calendar day period, state law requires any child without a health assessment be prohibited from attending school until he or she has obtained the required assessment.
Girls on the Run: Girls on the Run meets on Tuesday and Thursday this week, 4 PM – 5:15 PM. Girls should be picked up at 5:15 PM in the school carpool loop. Families who have registered will receive a confirmation email.
First Tee: First Tee Golf will meet on Wednesday this week, 4 PM – 5:30 PM. Students should be picked up at 5:15 PM at the school carpool loop.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION UPDATES
Parent Teacher Association (PTA): Joining the PTA has never been so easy and made such an impact for the school. Join for $5. Visit https://pges.memberhub.com
PTA DanceFit Fundraiser: The DanceFit is the biggest PTA fundraiser for the year. Help us raise $16,000 for a new sun shade for the playground.
You can do 3 things to help support our school through this fundraiser.
1. Register on mybooster.com. It’s so easy!
2. Share about our fundraiser with family and friends using the SHARE BUTTON on mybooster.com.
3. Give to help our school, if you are able to. Thank you again for your support!
The DanceFit event for students is September 23.
PTA Fall Family Picnic: Friday, October 14, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM. Food trucks, games for kids, fun!
Thank you for your support! The encouragement you provide your student means a lot. Email me if you have questions. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burt Batten, Principal