June 6 Weekly Message
What this week of school will look like:
- Make-up End of Grade Testing sessions will occur on Monday and Tuesday.
- Virtual Academy Students and Families will have a special event on Tuesday. Virtual Academy Families will be able to return school materials on Tuesday, between 11:45 AM – 3:15 PM. Virtual Academy students will receive items from their teachers.
- On Tuesday there will be a PTA Family Night at Fresh Local Ice Cream from 5 PM – 9 PM. Fresh Local is at 6033 Glenwood Avenue in Oak Park Shopping Center.
- Our Fifth Grade Celebration will be outdoors Thursday, June 9, at 9:45 AM at the K-1 Playground.
- Friday is the last day of school. Report cards will be issued at dismissal.
- All students should continue to bring water bottles to school.
- The cut-off for early student check out is 3:15 PM. Parents must show photo-ID to check their child out from school.
LIBRARY BOOKS and LOST & FOUND
Students should return any remaining library books to the school. Encourage your child to check the Lost & Found section of the cafeteria for any missing jackets, hats, and water bottles. All items remaining in Lost & Found at the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA) UPDATE
The PTA will have a brief virtual meeting on June 13 at 6:30 PM to vote on a new President for next year and also to approve a summer budget. All parents who have joined the PTA are encouraged to attend. Use the link copied below to join this Zoom Meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 7332 0118
STUDENT MEALS FOR 2022-2023
All students currently receive free school meals supported by federal funding due to the pandemic. This funding is set to end on June 30, 2022. In order to receive free or reduced-price meals for next school year, families need to submit a meal benefits application.
All families must complete an application for the 2022-2023 school year starting July 1 in order to receive benefits. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
Next year, the cost of breakfast will be $1.50 and the cost of lunch will be $3.00. Families can apply for free or reduced-price meals online by visiting www.MySchoolApps.com.
Paper applications can also be requested by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 or emailing email@example.com.
- June 7: PTA Family Night at Fresh Local Ice Cream (5PM – 9PM @Glenwood Location)
- June 9: 5th Grade Celebration, 9:45 AM (outdoor event)
- June 10: Last day of school. Report cards go home at dismissal
COVID HEALTH GUIDANCE
If your child is not feeling well, or experiencing symptoms like headache, runny nose, chest congestion, nasal congestion, or temperature, then they should stay home. COVID-19 quarantine and isolation requirements are listed online at wcpss.net/whentoreturn. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!
Kindergarten Registration: Now is the time to register your child for school if they will turn 5 by August 31. Click here for more details.
Bus Updates: We encourage all families to check the status of their child’s bus each morning at www.wcpss.net/busupdate .
Attendance: If your child is ever absent, families need to provide a note within two days of your child's return to school or the absences will be recorded as unexcused.
Early Checkout: The deadline for early checkout is 3:15 PM. You must show a photo id when you arrive to check your child out of school. If you arrive after 3:15 PM, then you will have to wait and go through the carpool line.
Transportation Changes: The deadline to make transportation changes for your child is 2:30 PM. If you need to make a transportation change for your child, send a note in writing to your child’s teacher in the morning. If you have an emergency transportation change that you can’t request in writing, please call the school office at 919-694-8770 before 2:30 PM. Do NOT send an e-mail to the teacher during the school day to request a transportation change. He or she might not read your e-mail until after dismissal. The school will not make transportation changes after 2:30 PM.
Student Technology Questions or Concerns?: If you have trouble with your district assigned device call Student Tech Help at 919-664-5700 or visit https://www.wcpss.net/techguides
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Nutrition Workshop: Ready to make lifestyle changes? Time to take better care of you? Visit Thursday, June 9, 6:00 PM at Netsports in the front lobby. This event is sponsored by Camp Gladiator a supporter of the PGES PTA. Netsports is located at 3717 Davis Drive in Morrisville 27560.
Visit the PTA website at https://pges.memberhub.com for more upcoming PTA events.
For details about the organizations sponsoring the PTA this year click here.
We love our Pleasant Grove family! Thank you for your support this year!
Burt Batten, Principal