May 22 Weekly Message
What this week of school will look like:
- Yearbooks will be on sale Monday morning. A limited number of yearbooks remain available.
- End of Grade testing begins on Friday, May 27.
- All students should continue to bring water bottles to school.
- The cut-off for early student check out is 3:15 PM. Parents must show photo-ID to check their child out from school.
- Extra Yearbooks will be on sale on Monday between 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM.
- Students in Grades PK – 2 should go to room 1201 to see Ms. Sanders to purchase a yearbook.
- Students in Grades 3 – 5 should go to room 2409 to see Ms. Hanson to purchase a yearbook.
- We only have 34 to sell. Yearbooks will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
- Yearbooks are $35 each. We can only accept cash (exact amount) or checks made payable to Jostens.
LOST & FOUND
Several items from Field Day have been placed in the Lost & Found section of the cafeteria. Encourage your child to check Lost & Found if they have misplaced any jacket, sweater, hat, or water bottle. All items left in Lost & Found at the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA) UPDATE
The PTA currently does not have a president slated for office for the 2022 – 2023 school year. As a result, our school PTA will not be recognized as an organization, nor can we spend any money without a president.
It is crucial we find someone willing to step up. The PTA is a team effort. The responsibility does not lie with the president; we just need someone to steer the ship. Is that you? Please reach out to Erin Lane at email@example.com if you're willing to serve or have questions about the position.
- May 30: School Closed. Memorial Day Holiday
- June 7: PTA Family Night at Fresh Local Ice Cream (5PM – 9PM @Glenwood Location)
- June 9: 5th Grade Celebration, 9:45 AM (outdoor event)
- June 10: Last day of school. Report cards go home at dismissal
END OF GRADE TESTING DATES
Parents, if your child is in grades 3, 4, or 5, please mark your calendars for these dates.
- May 27: 5th Grade Science EOG
- May 31: 3rd Grade Reading EOG
- June 1: 4th & 5th Grades Reading EOG
- June 2: 3rd Grade Math EOG
- June 3: 4th & 5th Grades Math EOG
- June 6: 3rd Grade Read to Achieve Test (select students will be notified)
*Virtual Academy students will take the EOG in-person at school with their grade level on the same day.
Next year, meal costs will increase. The cost of breakfast will be $1.50 and the cost of lunch will be $3.00. Families can apply for free or reduced-price meals online by visiting www.MySchoolApps.com. Paper applications will always be made available throughout ALL Wake County Public Schools, Crossroads, and at Central Office, or families can call 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 to have one mailed to them.
COVID HEALTH GUIDANCE
If your child is not feeling well, or experiencing symptoms like headache, runny nose, chest congestion, nasal congestion, or temperature, then they should stay home. COVID-19 quarantine and isolation requirements are listed online at wcpss.net/whentoreturn. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!
Visit YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov for more information about COVID vaccinations.
Kindergarten Registration: Now is the time to register your child for school if they will turn 5 by August 31. Click here for more details.
Bus Updates: We encourage all families to check the status of their child’s bus each morning at www.wcpss.net/busupdate .
Attendance: If your child is ever absent, families need to provide a note within two days of your child's return to school or the absences will be recorded as unexcused.
Early Checkout: The deadline for early checkout is 3:15 PM. You must show a photo id when you arrive to check your child out of school. If you arrive after 3:15 PM, then you will have to wait and go through the carpool line.
Transportation Changes: The deadline to make transportation changes for your child is 2:30 PM. If you need to make a transportation change for your child, send a note in writing to your child’s teacher in the morning. If you have an emergency transportation change that you can’t request in writing, please call the school office at 919-694-8770 before 2:30 PM. Do NOT send an e-mail to the teacher during the school day to request a transportation change. He or she might not read your e-mail until after dismissal. The school will not make transportation changes after 2:30 PM.
Student Technology Questions or Concerns?: If you have trouble with your district assigned device call Student Tech Help at 919-664-5700 or visit https://www.wcpss.net/techguides
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Visit the PTA website at https://pges.memberhub.com for upcoming PTA events.
For details about the organizations sponsoring the PTA this year click here.
We love our Pleasant Grove family! Thank you for your support this year. We all need it!
Burt Batten, Principal