May 2 Weekly Message
What this week of school will look like:
- No School on Monday. Staff Workday.
- May 2 – 6 is Staff Appreciation Week for all schools across the nation. Please share your thanks and appreciation to your child’s teacher and Instructional Assistants during this week.
- Quarter 4 Interim Reports for Students will go home by the end of the week.
- Road construction will continue to impact traffic for arrivals and dismissals.
- Friday is a School Spirit Day! Students should wear their PGES spiritwear or school colors.
- The Positivity theme for this week is Leadership.
- Students should continue to bring water bottles to school.
- The cut-off for early student check out is 3:15 PM. Parents must show photo-ID to check their child out from school.
PANORAMA FAMILY SURVEY ENDS MAY 6
Families, we need your help! The district-wide family survey ends on Friday. Pleasant Grove needs 57 more responses to reach the school goal of 300. If you have not responded, please do. This survey provides families the opportunity to give valuable feedback on how we can develop stronger partnerships. The survey can be translated into a variety of languages. If you have not already done so, please complete the survey by clicking on the link below at your earliest convenience! We greatly appreciate your feedback!
FIELD DAY VOLUNTEERS: HELP NEEDED
Volunteers are needed to help make Field Day a success on Friday, May 20. We will have 2 shifts, the morning for K-2 classes and the afternoon for 3-5. Volunteers must be approved by WCPSS. If you have been approved and would like to volunteer sign up at this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49a4ab2ca3fb6-field
- May 2: School Closed. Staff Workday
- May 18: PTA Family Night at Chipotle (4PM – 8 PM @Page Road Location)
- May 20: Field Day
- May 30: School Closed. Memorial Day Holiday
- June 2: PTA Family Night at Moe’s Southwest Grill (6PM – 8 PM @Page Road Location)
- June 7: PTA Family Night at Fresh Local Ice Cream (5PM – 9PM @Glenwood Location)
END OF GRADE TESTING DATES
Parents, if your child is in grades 3, 4, or 5, please mark your calendars for these dates.
- May 27: 5th Grade Science EOG
- May 31: 3rd Grade Reading EOG
- June 1: 4th & 5th Grades Reading EOG
- June 2: 3rd Grade Math EOG
- June 3: 4th & 5th Grades Math EOG
- June 6: 3rd Grade Read to Achieve Test (select students will be notified)
*Virtual Academy students will take the EOG in-person at school with their grade level on the same day.
COVID HEALTH GUIDANCE
If your child is not feeling well, or experiencing symptoms like headache, runny nose, chest congestion, nasal congestion, or temperature, then they should stay home. COVID-19 quarantine and isolation requirements are listed online at wcpss.net/whentoreturn. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!
Visit YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov for more information about COVID vaccinations.
Kindergarten Registration: Now is the time to register your child for school if they will turn 5 by August 31. Click here for more details.
Bus Updates: We encourage all families to check the status of their child’s bus each morning at www.wcpss.net/busupdate .
Attendance: If your child is ever absent, families need to provide a note within two days of your child's return to school or the absences will be recorded as unexcused.
Early Checkout: The deadline for early checkout is 3:15 PM. You must show a photo id when you arrive to check your child out of school. If you arrive after 3:15 PM, then you will have to wait and go through the carpool line.
Transportation Changes: The deadline to make transportation changes for your child is 2:30 PM. If you need to make a transportation change for your child, send a note in writing to your child’s teacher in the morning. If you have an emergency transportation change that you can’t request in writing, please call the school office at 919-694-8770 before 2:30 PM. Do NOT send an e-mail to the teacher during the school day to request a transportation change. He or she might not read your e-mail until after dismissal. The school will not make transportation changes after 2:30 PM.
Student Technology Questions or Concerns?: If you have trouble with your district assigned device call Student Tech Help at 919-664-5700 or visit https://www.wcpss.net/techguides
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Visit the PTA website at https://pges.memberhub.com for upcoming PTA events.
For details about the organizations sponsoring the PTA this year click here.
We love our Pleasant Grove family! Thank you for your support this year. We all need it!
Burt Batten, Principal