October 26 Weekly Message
Hello Pleasant Grove Families,
This is Principal Batten with news about what to expect for the upcoming week at Pleasant Grove Elementary.
What will this week of school look like:
On Monday, October 26, students in Preschool through Grade 3 who are assigned to Cohort A will return for in-person learning. All other students will continue with online remote learning this week.
As we welcome students back to school you will notice health and safety changes that have been implemented. This will begin with screenings and temperature checks before any child leaves their family car at the carpool loop or any bus rider enters the building.
If your child is feeling sick or not well then please stay at home.
Visitors and volunteers are not allowed in the building at this time. Your patience and cooperation with these public health measures is appreciated.
The Positivity Focus for this week is Creativity.
Report Cards for Quarter 1 will be emailed to families at the end of the school day on Friday, October 30.
Important Details for In-Person Learning:
- Families who will begin in-person learning should read and sign the Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols Form. Return it to your child’s teacher. Click this link or download the document at the bottom of this webpage.
- Review the Calendar for Cohort Weeks. Click here.
- Watch these Videos about what students should expect at Pleasant Grove. View here.
- Meals at school will be free for all students through June 2021. Read more here.
- Bookmark the WCPSS Return to Campus Guide for Families at this link.
- Details about Enrollment in Virtual Academy for the Second Semester are provided here.
Additional updates from WCPSS can be found here.
Spanish Language Resources: Families who speak Spanish can use this link to learn more information describing the return to in-person learning for their child.
Meal Benefits: If your family has not already completed a 2020-2021 school year Free and Reduced Price Meal Application, please do so. Families can fill out the annual request for free & reduced lunch at: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application . For more information about meal benefits, follow this link.
Pandemic Benefits: The State of NC has added additional P-EBT benefits for families with students receiving free or reduced-price lunch. Please visit this link to learn more about these benefits.
Technology Support: Call Student Tech Help at 919-694-8100 or visit https://www.wcpss.net/techguides
Student Online Behavior Expectations: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/45545
Room Parents: The Parent Teacher Association is looking for families who would be interested in serving as a Room Parent for each classroom. The Room Parent would help families who are interested in connecting so students can communicate outside of school. If you are interested in being a Room Parent, contact your child’s teacher.
School T-Shirts: Visit http://bit.ly/pgestshirt2021 to order your school T-Shirt by Friday, October 30.
Burt Batten, Principal