March 2 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
Monday – Read Across America Day
Wednesday – PTA Coding/STEM Event @ The Coder School, 5 PM – 7:15 PM
Friday – 5th Grade Photo
Positivity Trait for the week: Enthusiasm
Read Across America Day: On Monday, March 2, Students are encouraged to wear a shirt you can read (simply a shirt with words or message on it--school appropriate of course). Students will celebrate reading through special class activities.
Interim Reports: Students will bring home an interim report of their academic progress on Friday. Please contact your child’s teacher if you do not receive an interim for your child at the end of the week.
Outstanding Progress: We are excited to celebrate the academic growth that students are making this year. Between the end of Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 over 95% of Pleasant Grove students demonstrated growth in their core academic skills for reading, math, or science. This is awesome!
Middle School Registration Night: 5th Grade Families are invited to attend a Parent Night on Wednesday, March 11, 6 PM to register their rising 6th grader for middle school courses. This meeting will occur in the Media Center.
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA): During the week of March 23-27 parents can request their child be tested for acceleration in reading or math. Click here for details. A Parent Meeting to share more information about SSA and the test request forms parents must submit will occur on Wednesday, March 18, at 8:15 AM.
Coronavirus: WCPSS is working closely with county and state health officials to monitor conditions regarding coronavirus. Click this link for more information.
Upcoming School Events:
Monday, March 9: Teacher Workday/No School
Tuesday, March 10: 3rd Grade Field Trip
Wednesday, March 11: Middle School Parent Registration Night
Thursday, March 19: 4th Grade Field Trip
Friday, March 20: Cultural Arts Assembly, Grades K-3
Tuesday, March 24: Spring Picture Day
April 6 – 13: Spring Break
Tuesday, April 14: Students return from Spring Break
Thursday, April 23: Theater Club Performance, 6 PM
Wednesday, April 29: Family Fitness Night, 6 PM – 8 PM
Upcoming PTA Events:
- Wednesday, March 4-- Kids Night @ The Coder School, 5-7:15 PM. Click here to register
- Friday, March 27--Spring Fling, 5PM – 9 PM: Games, DJ, Movies, Raffles, and more!
End-of-Grade (EOG) Test Dates: Mark your calendars
June 1: 5th grade Science EOG
June 2: 3rd grade Reading EOG
June 3: 3rd grade Math EOG
June 4: 4th/5th grades Reading EOG
June 5: 4th/5th grades Math EOG
June 9: 3rd grade Read To Achieve Test
Lost & Found: Families are encouraged to write their child’s name on their jackets, bookbags, lunch boxes, water bottles, and gloves so that it is easier for kids to find any missing items. Lost and found items are located in the cafeteria.
- Pokemon, Beyblade, Nintendo, wireless headphones, electronic games, and other toys should stay at home. Items brought to school will be kept in the school office until a parent comes to school to pick them up.
- If your child is absent, please send a written note to school when he/she returns.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM. If you need to check your child out early, please do so before 3:15 PM.
- The contact number for WCPSS Bus Transportation is 919-805-3030. Each afternoon we post bus departure times on our school bus twitter @pgesbuses.
After School Clubs this Week
Mad Science – Tuesday, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
First Tee – Wednesday, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Theater Club – Wednesday, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Girls on the Run – Tuesday & Thursday, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Burt Batten, Principal