February 17 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
Monday & Tuesday – No School
Wednesday – Students return to school
Thursday – PTA Family Night @ Noodles in Brier Creek, 4 PM – 9 PM
Friday – 5th Graders meet Leesville Orchestra
Positivity Trait for the week: Forgiveness
Thank You: On behalf of Pleasant Grove Elementary I want to share the following shout-outs of thanks & appreciation to our school community. Together we can do amazing things!
- Thank you to families who have contributed to the Kids Heart Challenge Service Project. Pleasant Grove has collected over $17,000 in donations for the American Heart Association.
- Thank you to families who contributed to the school Book Drive. Over 500 new and gently used books have been donated to support the county’s Wake Up & Read program.
- Thank you to families who visited on Friday to sample the Heart Healthy Smoothies offered in the cafeteria. Over 400 visitors attended Friday morning to enjoy this treat!
School Tours: Families with children who will begin Kindergarten in August 2020 are encouraged to sign up for a school tour. Our next tour will be Friday, February 21, at 9:45 AM. Click here for information.
First Grade Concert for Kindness: Families are invited to enjoy this performance on Tuesday, February 25, 6:30 PM in the Gym. In addition to the performance families are invited to view new student art work on display in the main entrance and hallway by the gym.
Upcoming PTA Events:
- Thursday, February 20--Noodles & Co. Family Night, 4-8 PM, @ Brier Creek
- Wednesday, March 4-- Kids Night @ The Coder School, 5-7:15 PM. Click here to register
- Friday, March 27--Spring Fling, 5PM – 9 PM: Games, DJ, Movies, Raffles, and more!
Spring Club Registration:
First Tee Golf – For students in grades 1-5. Starts February 26. Click this link for details about First Tee.
End-of-Grade (EOG) Test Dates: Mark your calendars
June 1: 5th grade Science EOG
June 2: 3rd grade Reading EOG
June 3: 3rd grade Math EOG
June 4: 4th/5th grades Reading EOG
June 5: 4th/5th grades Math EOG
June 9: 3rd grade Read To Achieve Test
Weather Alerts: In the event of inclement weather, information about closing or delay of school is available at www.wcpss.net, local television, and on the radio. Make-up school days are determined by the school district.
Lost & Found: Families are encouraged to write their child’s name on their jackets, bookbags, lunch boxes, water bottles, and gloves so that it is easier for kids to find any missing items. Lost and found items are located in the cafeteria.
Yearbooks: Order a yearbook for your child now for $30. Use this link to reserve a copy.
- Pokemon, Beyblade, Nintendo, wireless headphones, electronic games, and other toys should stay at home. Items brought to school will be kept in the school office until a parent comes to school to pick them up.
- If your child is absent, please send a written note to school when he/she returns.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM. If you need to check your child out early, please do so before 3:15 PM.
- The contact number for WCPSS Bus Transportation is 919-805-3030. Each afternoon we post bus departure times on our school bus twitter @pgesbuses.
After School Clubs this Week
Theater Club – Wednesday, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Girls on the Run – Thursday, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Burt Batten, Principal