February 10 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
Bus Driver Appreciation Week
Monday – Report Cards go home
Tuesday – Kindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of School
Thursday – 2nd Grade Field Trip (Kenner & Sparrow’s classes)
Friday – 2nd Grade Field Trip (Allen-Glenn, Baker, Barnes, & Hale’s classes)
Friday – Heart Healthy Smoothie Samples for Students & Parents, 8:45 AM – 9:15 AM
Positivity Trait for the week: Love
Kids Heart Challenge/Jump Rope For Heart: Students can return donations to the Gym on Monday morning between 8:45 – 9:15 AM. Families can also make contributions online by clicking this link. Thanks to everyone who has supported this service project.
School Tours: Families with children who will begin Kindergarten in August 2020 are encouraged to sign up for a school tour. Our next tour will be Wednesday, February 12, at 9:45 AM. Click here for information.
Heart Healthy February: Join us Friday, February 14 between 8:45 – 9:15 AM to sample a new smoothie that is being considered for the school cafeteria. Families and students can join Coach Hager and others as we try this heart healthy treat! Samples will be offered in the cafeteria.
All County Honors Chorus: Congratulations to the following 5th graders selected to perform with the WCPSS All County Honors Chorus: Nyveah Brooks, Katie Helsabeck, Natalie Ibarra-Miranda, & Jayden Paulson
First Grade Concert for Kindness: Families are invited to enjoy this concert on Tuesday, February 25, 6:30 PM in the Gym. In addition to the performance, new student art work will be on display in the main entrance and hallway by the gym.
Wake Up & Read Book Drive: Students are collecting new and gently-used books for children ages birth to 12. The goal of this service project is to collect at least 300 books. Families can send in donated books to their child’s classroom teacher.
Upcoming PTA Events:
- Thursday, February 20--Noodles & Co. Family Night, 4-8 PM, @ Brier Creek
- Wednesday, March 4-- Kids Night @ The Coder School, 5-7:15 PM. Click here to register
- Friday, March 27--Spring Fling, 5PM – 9 PM: Games, DJ, Movies, Raffles, and more!
Spring Club Registration:
First Tee Golf – For students in grades 1-5. Starts, February 26. Click this link for details about First Tee.
End-of-Grade (EOG) Test Dates: Mark your calendars
June 1: 5th grade Science EOG
June 2: 3rd grade Reading EOG
June 3: 3rd grade Math EOG
June 4: 4th/5th grades Reading EOG
June 5: 4th/5th grades Math EOG
June 9: 3rd grade Read To Achieve Test
Weather Alerts: In the event of inclement weather, information about closing or delay of school is available at www.wcpss.net, local television, and on the radio. Make-up school days are determined by the school district.
Lost & Found: Families are encouraged to write their child’s name on their jackets, bookbags, lunch boxes, water bottles, and gloves so that it is easier for kids to find any missing items. Lost and found items are located in the cafeteria.
Yearbooks: Order a yearbook for your child now for $30. Use this link to reserve a copy.
- Pokemon, Beyblade, Nintendo, wireless headphones, electronic games, and other toys should stay at home. Items brought to school will be kept in the school office until a parent comes to school to pick them up.
- If your child is absent, please send a written note to school when he/she returns.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM. If you need to check your child out early, please do so before 3:15 PM.
- The contact number for WCPSS Bus Transportation is 919-805-3030. Each afternoon we post bus departure times on our school bus twitter @pgesbuses.
After School Clubs this Week
Mad Science – Tuesdays, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Theater Club – Wednesdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Girls on the Run – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Burt Batten, Principal