November 11 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
Monday: No School, Veterans Day Holiday
Tuesday: 3rd Grade Choral Concert, 6 PM (Gym)
Tuesday-Thursday: CogAt Testing for 3rd Graders
Positivity Trait for the week: Bravery
School Food Drive Continues until November 20:
Each grade level is collecting different types of items
- Pre-K & Kindergarten: Cans of chicken, green beans, crackers
- First Grade & Ms. Hrivnak’s class: Cans of tuna, corn, veggies
- Second Grade: Canned lunch meat, peas, beans, toilet paper
- Third Grade: 18 oz peanut butter, grits, canned fruit, soap
- Fourth Grade & Ms. Hale’s class: Soup, mac-n-cheese, pasta, laundry detergent pods
- Fifth Grade: Shelf-safe milk, 2 lbs. brown rice, cereal, pasta sauce
- All items will be donated to Wake Relief Food Pantry
Attendance: Thank you for getting your child to school. Every school day is important for student learning. Just 1-2 absences each month, even in Kindergarten and First Grade, add up and can cause children to fall behind in their reading and math skills.
CogAt Testing: All Third Grade classes will complete CogAt Testing November 12-14. We did practice activities in class so all students were exposed to the types of questions they would see on the CogAt. There is nothing special that your child will need to do to prepare for this test.
Lost & Found: Lost and found items are located in the cafeteria. Any unclaimed items remaining in lost & found will be donated to charity after November 22.
Yearbooks: Order your child’s yearbook now for $22 before prices increase in mid-November. You can order online at this link to reserve a copy of the yearbook for your child.
Thanksgiving Holidays: Pleasant Grove will be closed for Thanksgiving Break on November 27- 29
School Tours: Families with children who will begin Kindergarten in August 2020 are encouraged to sign up for a school tour. Click here for information.
Health & Wellness: If your child has a fever of 100 or higher, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, then she should stay home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours and free of symptoms for vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours – without medication – before returning to school.
- If your child is absent, please send a written note to school when he/she returns.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM. If you need to check your child out early, please do so before 3:15 PM.
- The contact number for WCPSS Bus Transportation is 919-805-3030. Each afternoon we post bus departure times on our school bus twitter @pgesbuses.
- Families are kindly asked to have their children exit and enter carpool from the passenger side.
After School Clubs this Week
Mad Science – Tuesdays, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
First Tee Golf – Wednesdays, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Theater Club – Wednesdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Girls on the Run – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Burt Batten, Principal