November 4 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
Set your clocks back 1-Hour. Daylight Savings Time ends November 3.
5th Grade Artist in Residency
Tuesday – 5th Grade NC Check-In Math Assessment
Wednesday – 3rd & 4th Grade NC Check-In Math Assessment
Wednesday - PTA Spirit Night at Brixx Pizza & Mixx Ice Cream, 12 PM – 9 PM
Thursday – Make Up Picture Day
Friday – Report Cards go home
Positivity Trait for the week: Creativity
Please join me in recognizing our 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Baker (Second Grade) and our Instructional Assistant of the Year, Ms. Bizzell (Kindergarten). They do awesome work with students every day!
School Food Drive November 4 – 20:
Each grade level is collecting different types of items
- Pre-K & Kindergarten: Cans of chicken, green beans, crackers
- First Grade & Ms. Hrivnak’s class: Cans of tuna, corn, veggies
- Second Grade: Canned lunch meat, peas, beans, toilet paper
- Third Grade: 18 oz peanut butter, grits, canned fruit, soap
- Fourth Grade & Ms. Hale’s class: Soup, mac-n-cheese, pasta, laundry detergent pods
- Fifth Grade: Shelf-safe milk, 2 lbs. brown rice, cereal, pasta sauce
- All items will be donated to Wake Relief Food Pantry
PTA Spirit Night: Wednesday, November 6, 12 PM – 9 PM
Support our PGES students. Proceeds from purchases at Brixx Pizza and Mixx Ice Cream in Brier Creek on Wednesday during lunch and dinner will benefit the school.
Health & Wellness: If your child has a fever of 100 or higher, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, then she should stay home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours and free of symptoms for vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours – without medication – before returning to school.
Yearbooks: Order a yearbook now for $22 before prices increase in mid-November. Click this link to reserve a copy of the yearbook for your child.
School Tours: Will your child begin Kindergarten in August 2020? If so, sign up for a school tour. Click here for information.
Third Grade Concert: Tuesday, November 12, 6 PM in the school gym.
- Lost & Found jackets, gloves, and water bottles are located in the cafeteria
- If your child is absent, please send a written note to school when he/she returns.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM. If you need to check your child out early, please do so before 3:15 PM.
- The contact number for WCPSS Bus Transportation is 919-805-3030. Bus departure times posted on our school bus twitter @pgesbuses.
- Families are kindly asked to have their children exit and enter carpool from the passenger side.
After School Clubs this Week
Mad Science – Tuesdays, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
First Tee Golf – Wednesdays, 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Theater Club – Wednesdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Girls on the Run – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Burt Batten, Principal