February 11 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove:
- Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- 3rd Grade Field Trip on Tuesday
- 100th Day of School celebrated on Tuesday
- The Positivity Character Trait for this week is Perseverance.
- Early Release Dismissal on Friday, 1:15 PM
“Love the Bus”: Families, February 11 – 15 is Bus Driver Appreciation Week. Please join us in giving thanks to the patience and work of our bus drivers working to transport students safely to and from school.
Thank You: Pleasant Grove families and staff did an amazing job collecting contributions for two recent service projects – the Jump Rope for Heart program for the American Heart Association and the Wake Up and Read Book Drive! The success of these efforts would not be possible without your generosity, caring, and support.
Yearbooks: The last day to order a "guaranteed" copy of the year book is February 22nd. The cost is $25 dollars. Use this link from the school website.
Carpool: Reports indicate cars are daily stuck on Pleasant Grove Church Road for carpool because drivers want to make short-cuts through the driveway. For safety, please use the full length of the carpool lane. The school has a quarter-mile long carpool lane to prevent traffic backing up onto Pleasant Grove Church Road.
Carpool: For everyone’s safety, if your child cannot use the passenger side of your vehicle to exit/enter your car, please park and walk your child into school.
Lost and Found: Items that have been lost and found are located in the Cafeteria. The items currently in Lost and Found will be cleaned out on Friday, February 15.
PTA Family Events: Visit the PTA website to learn about upcoming family events planned for February.
- On an early release day check out ends at 12:45 PM. On a regular school day early checkout ends at 3:15 PM.
- If your child has a fever of 100 or higher, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, then she should stay home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours and free of symptoms for vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours – without medication – before returning to school.
- All families who have children who will turn 5 before August 30 are encouraged to register their child for school. Families can start the registration process online. Click here for more details.
Tuesday PM: Mad Science Program & Girls on the Run
Wednesday PM: Theater Club
Thursday PM: SCRATCH Coding Program & Girls on the Run