February 4 Weekly Message
This Week at Pleasant Grove
- February 4-8 is National School Counselor Appreciation Week
- Sidewalk repairs will be completed at carpool loop
- 3rd Grade Math Check-In on Tuesday
- 5th Grade Math Check-In on Wednesday
- 4th Grade Math Check-in on Thursday
- PTA sponsored theater performance for K-3 classes on Friday
- The Positivity Character Trait for this week is Self-Control.
Family Survey: The Pleasant Grove School Improvement Team is seeking your feedback about what you like and what we can improve to make our school the best experience for your child. Submit a survey for each of your children who attend the school.
Survey in English – http://bit.ly/pgfamilies19
Survey in Spanish – http://bit.ly/pgfamilia19
Lost and Found: Items that have been lost and found are located in the Cafeteria. The items currently in Lost and Found will be cleaned out on Friday, February 15.
School Counselor Appreciation Week: Please join us in showing thanks and appreciation for the support and encouragement that Ms. Locklear, our School Counselor, provides everyone at Pleasant Grove.
PTA Family Events: Visit the PTA website to learn about upcoming family events planned for February.
Bus Transportation: Families, we wanted to remind you of a few things about bus transportation. First, if you do not have access to the "Here Comes the Bus" app, please call the school for further details about it. Also, as a reminder, please have students ready and waiting at the bus stop to board the bus in the mornings. When students are not ready to quickly board the bus it causes delays. Also, in the afternoon, an adult must be at the stop to receive students in kindergarten or first grade. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Book Drive: The book drive will end on February 15. Donations of new and gently-used books for children ages birth to 12 are welcomed. Students can send in donated books to their classroom teacher.
- If your child has a fever of 100 or higher, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, then she should stay home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours and free of symptoms for vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours – without medication – before returning to school.
- All families who have children who will turn 5 before August 30 are encouraged to register their child for school. Families can start the registration process online. Click here for more details.
- Carpool riders should exit and enter from the passenger side of the car.
- Early checkout for students ends at 3:15 PM.
Tuesday PM: Girls on the Run
Wednesday PM: Theater Club
Thursday PM: Coding Program & Girls on the Run