Virtual Academy Message 8.15.2021
August 15, 2021
Hello Virtual Academy Families,
This is Burt Batten, Principal of Pleasant Grove Elementary with an update for Virtual Academy families for the week of August 16 - 20.
- A Virtual Academy Orientation and Meet the Teacher Session will be held on Wednesday, August 18, at 6:30 PM. Please use this Google Meet Link to participate in this event: https://meet.google.com/gmr-jrgq-hhq
- The Virtual Academy will follow the Tier 3 bell schedule starting at 9:15 AM and ending at 3:45 PM on school days.
- The district has directed all virtual academy programs to protect the hour from 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM each school day as open time for a lunch break.
- School Supply Lists for Virtual Academy Students can be found on the Pleasant Grove Elementary website at this link (https://www.wcpss.net/domain/12828)
- Additional instructional materials will be distributed to Virtual Academy students throughout the school year. For the first quarter, the pick-up date for Pleasant Grove Students to obtain these materials will be Thursday, August 19, between 5 PM – 7 PM at Pleasant Grove.
- Hilburn Academy Virtual students also will be able to pick up their instructional materials at Hilburn Academy on Thursday, August 19, between 5 PM – 7 PM
- The Learning Management System for Virtual Academy will be Canvas and Google Classroom will be integrated within the platform.
The primary contact for Virtual Academy at Pleasant Grove this year is Assistant Principal LaShara Gilkes. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will work closely with Catie Burnette, Assistant Principal at Hilburn Academy, to coordinate communications and support for students from Hilburn who are enrolled in the program.
We look forward to working with your family this school year. I hope to see you at our upcoming virtual Meet the Teacher event on Wednesday, August 18.
Burt Batten, Principal