September Principal Message 2021
- What?: Virtual Meet the Teacher
- There will be an opportunity to meet each teacher on your child’s schedule.
- When?: Thursday, September 9th, 5:00PM-7:00PM
- Follow the linked schedule to visit each of your child’s teachers at the designated times
- You will need to know your child’s daily schedule. Schedules are available through powerschool.
- Where?: Google Meet
- You will need your child to log into their RapidIdentity and join their teacher’s google meets using the schedule linked above.
- How? Students will log in and access google meet codes through their RapidIdentity
- Directions for logging in to RapidIdentity and accessing google meets can be found here.
*Note- 8th grade will start with their electives (2nd period class), pay careful attention to the schedule.
Registration for WCPSS Virtual Academy is closed
The WCPSS Virtual Academy Review Committee is no longer evaluating requests for families requesting enrollment in 2021-2022. Registration in the WCPSS Virtual Academy is closed. Registration ended in May, followed by a review of students with extenuating circumstances. Further reviews are no longer possible due to a shortage of teachers.
Eating and Drinking Guidelines
As you know, schools have been asked to implement an additional level of support regarding eating and drinking guidelines. Today, Holly Ridge Middle School was able to utilize as much available space as possible to spread our students across vacant areas to support this district initiative. In doing so, some of our classes will use the classroom pod area to spread out. Students may bring the desk chair into the hallway, if they desire to do so, however, I also encourage you to send a beach towel or cloth to create a picnic type of environment. While I understand this change is not ideal, it is one that we hope will prevent/limit the spread of sickness in the building.
Stay home when sick.
All students should have their temperature taken every day at home before coming to school. You may not enter a school or WCPSS facility if you are:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Thank you for following these health and safety guidelines! We want to keep kids in school as much as possible and these procedures will help us do so.
As always, we continue to work for the benefit of all students.