Principal's Message December 1, 2019
I hope you all enjoyed the short Thanksgiving break and getting excited about the upcoming extended holiday break. It has been a great quarter and a half for the students and staff at Holly Ridge. I just wanted to take a moment to provide you with a few updates and reminders:
- December 20, 2019 was originally a teacher workday, however, it is now a school day for students due to weather make-up days.
- Holiday break is from December 21, 2019 to January 3, 2020. The building will be closed over the break.
- January 2 and 3 are Teacher Workdays and students return to school on Monday January 6, 2020.
- The HRMS Career Day for 8th grade students will be on Friday, Dec 13th from 9:47-11:19. At this event we are striving to expose our eighth graders to the variety of career paths open to them, as well as, helping them understand the importance of education and lifelong learning on the road to long-term success. For more information contact our 8th grade counselor Heather Gilberry - email@example.com.
- Th rising 9th grade parent night will be on Thursday, January 23rd at 6:30pm in the HRMS auditorium. The purpose of the session is to provide general information about high school registration and expectations. As rising 9th grade students will receive this information at school, this presentation is primarily for parents. We encourage all families to attend your child's future high school open house to learn information specific to each high school. (Open house dates will be shared at a later date). We look forward to seeing you on the 23rd.
- Upon your return in January, we will be utilizing a different carpool structure in preparation for future road construction that will take place on Holly Springs Road. More information regarding the change to come.
- Winter sports are underway and we have put together some really good teams. Please visit the website to see the game schedule and come support our teams.
On behalf of myself and the Holly Ridge staff, Have a great holiday break!
Keith C Faison