Return to Headlines
Kindergarten Staggered Entry Information
Hello Kindergarten Families!
I'm anxious to start the new school year and welcome our newest Tigers to our school. Below are some frequently asked questions about staggered entry...
- What are the dates of staggered entry? Students will attend one day only for the first week. The dates are Aug. 26th, 27th, 28th or 29th. If you do not have a scheduled date for your child to attend, please see the 5th bullet below.
- What time does staggered entry begin and end? Please have your rising kindergarten student at school no later than 8:30 a.m. on their assigned staggered entry day. The school opens at 8:00 a.m. and assessments will begin by 9:00 a.m. Students will be at school all day and will need a snack and lunch either from home or purchased from the cafeteria. The day will end at 3:00 p.m. Parents are encouraged to walk their student in the building and come into the building to pick them up on their staggered entry day. If your child is coming in on the bus please put identifying information on their bookbag and also partner them with an older sibling or neighbor for their first bus ride to school. Staff will be at the bus area to escort them to the kindergarten classes. Bus routes will be available on our school website.
- When is kindergarten Meet the Teacher? Students will not be assigned to a teacher until all staggered entry assessments have been completed. Teacher assignments will be made on Friday morning and families are invited to Meet the Teacher between 12:00-1:00 p.m. on Friday, August 30th.
- When do I bring in school supplies? If you are sending in supplies for your student you can send them in on or after September 3rd.
- What if I don't know my assigned staggered entry day? Please call the front office and ask for our Data Manager, Yolanda Elias. She will be happy to assist you.
- Does LHECMES have an on-site before & after school care program? YES! We have both programs. Early care begins at 6:45 a.m. and after care runs until 6:00 p.m. You can find additional information on our website.
- How much is lunch? The price for a full lunch is $2.75. If you want to purchase milk only it is $.50. You can set up an account for your child to purchase meals online at www.MySchoolBucks.com Please be aware that the money is not immediately placed in the account. It takes time to process.
As additional questions arise I will add them to this section. When in doubt, please call or email me.