January 31, 2020
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week and will have a great weekend!
- There will be an Arts Booster meeting February 6th at 5:30pm at the Collaboration Space near the office. Please come to hear about the great things our arts programs are doing and how you can support them.
- Report cards were sent home for Track 4 today.
- Interims will go home on Wednesday for Tracks 1 and 2.
- Spring sport registration has begun. You can find further information on the school's website and click on Athletics. All students must have a current physical (within the last calendar year) and athletic participation form on file.
Baseball, Softball and Boys Soccer will begin Wednesday, February 12th. Track will begin the week after. Look at the track information sheet for a schedule of events run on particular days.
- Congratulations to our basketball teams on their victories this week against Zebulon. Both teams are now 12-0 on the season. Our final home game is Monday February 3rd. They will travel to Wake Forest on Wednesday.
- Spring pictures for Tracks 1, 2, and 4 are on February 14th.
Information From the PTA:
- The Spirit Rock is available to rent! Check out the details at: https://rmsptarams.wixsite.com/rmspta/rent-the-rock
- The book fair is coming! The book fair will run from 7:45 to 3:00 from Wed. 2/12 to Wed 2/19 and will be open during ramp up on Thurs. 2/20. We are seeking volunteers to help:
- Our Super Bowl of Caring Contest / Community Personal Hygiene Drive has now come to an end. “Congratulations” to our 5 raffle winners who will be announced next week and many, many thanks to everyone who participated by either volunteering, donating items and/or sharing our community posts. There are items we all use daily that are necessities to many of us, yet luxuries to others and your participation helped changed that. Because of you, the hygiene shelf in the RMS Food Pantry will be stocked for another year!
Shout Out to the following groups and the students/staff within those groups for helping us create a culture of caring:
Spanish Club / Student Council / Upstanders Alliance Club / Mrs. Zaytoun’s 6-1 Students / Mrs. Cooke’s 7-3 Homeroom / RMS Football Team / Band
Community collection boxes were decorated by these students and placed all around the Triangle where members not with RMS can drop off donations.
Thank You to the following local business owners for hosting a box and helping us teach students such a valuable lesson: Edward Jones – Financial Advisor: Valerie Massengill / Heritage Audiology / Cultured Glam Boutique / Eastwood Homes – Raleigh / Pendergrass Academy of Martial Arts / Grandma’s Diner / Hazzard Credit Solutions / Advanced Home Improvement and Enterprise Rent-A-Car administration’s office. “Thank You” to Target (Old Wake Forest Rd) as well, for your very generous donation that allowed us to fill up half a box!
Finally, a hearty “Thank You” to Mr. Hayes and his FCA club students for not only manning the contest collection table each morning, but volunteering to sort/organize all-those-many-donations. We could not have done this without you! And another BIG “Thank you” to all our parent volunteers - your support is everything!