January 3, 2020
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday break. We are looking forward to a great second semester!
- Report cards for tracks 1-3 will go home on Friday, January 10th.
- Parents of rising 9th graders - join us on Thursday January 16th at 6:30 pm for the informational presentation entitled, High School on the Horizon. At this presentation information will be shared regarding graduation requirements, the registration process, and much more. We hope to see you there and se habla espanol!
- As we move into second semester, just a quick reminder about carpool.
- In order to ensure safety and efficiency in the morning please be sure to pull as far forward as you can. There are large, orange cones that indicate how far to pull up.
- Please do not leave any space in between cars.
- Students should be ready, with their belongings to get out quickly.
- Please do not stop in the crosswalk.
- Finally, please be patient as we work to move the line along. Please do not pull out and go around other vehicles. In those moments, I urge you to count to 30 and I am confident the line will be moving again. We appreciate your help with this.
- To all parents of students who take band – Mark your calendars for an exciting day! On Saturday, February 15th we will have our annual Band Camp. We will be combining this with our winter concert so be sure to make plans to attend. You will also have an opportunity to meet Mr. Ballard, our new Band Director. Approximate times for everything is 10-4, but we will be sending out additional details in January.
- Our next home basketball game will be next Tuesday.
Information From the PTA:
- Our 3rdannual Super Bowl of Caring Contest / Personal Hygiene Drive Kicks Off THIS Monday! Students will receive a raffle ticket for each toiletry item that they donate with a chance to win a RMS Spirit package! Toiletries collected will be donated to the RMS Food Pantry. Much needed items are Feminine Products, Deodorant, Shaving Supplies, Shampoo/Conditioner, Bar Soap/Body Wash and Toothbrushes / Toothpastes. Items should be new and unused.
Parent Volunteers are still needed from 7:45am - 8:10am for each morning school is in session: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b48a8af2ca13-rmspta3 “Thank You” for helping us help those who need it the most!
- The January meeting will be on 1/27 @ 6pm in the Media Center.
- The Spirit Rock will be available to rent starting 1/13! Watch the RMS PTA website for details.
- A General Assembly meeting will be held in February- watch this space for a date announcement.