December 13, 2019
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week! Here are the RMS updates and information for this week.
- As we are getting closer to the holiday, we are seeing an increase in students struggling to follow school expectations. I have made announcements in the mornings reminding students of these expectations. We have also met with specific teams to discuss concerns. Please help us end first semester next week on a positive note by encouraging your child to make good decisions here at school. We appreciate your help with this.
- Congratulations to our dance students who had an excellent performance last evening. Kudos to Ms. Harrison for her excellent work and preparing the students.
- Track 4 Students will have the opportunity to visit Rolesville High School for Elective Preview Day on Thursday, February 13th. Students will have the opportunity to learn more about the Career- Technical Education programs/ electives offered to 9th Teachers and counselors from RHS will speak with students about course opportunities for freshmen. CTE courses are pretty much the same no matter what high school your student will attend, so all students are encouraged to attend the trip. All forms are due by Friday, December 20. Please contact Ms. Goshay with any questions.
- Congratulations to our basketball teams who defeated Heritage and Wendell this week. Both teams move to 4-0 on the season. Next week, they will travel to take on River Bend on Monday. There is no home game next week.
- Parents of rising 9th graders - join us on Thursday January 16th at 6:30 pm for the informational presentation entitled, High School on the Horizon. At this presentation information will be shared regarding graduation requirements, the registration process, and much more. We hope to see you there and se habla espanol!
- Good luck to our girls who participate n Heart and Soul (see more information below for the Spring season). They will be completing their 5K race tomorrow morning!
- Heart & Sole is an afterschool program like no other! Twice per week for 10 weeks, girls will have fun, make friends, increase their physical activity levels and learn important life skills. Trained and caring coaches lead 6 - 8 grade girls through interactive lessons and running activities. The season ends with a noncompetitive 5K event. Online Registration is OPEN! Program dates: February 4 - April 28 Days: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:30-5:00pm Program Fee: $205-Payment plans and scholarships available! Contact Site Coordinator: Amy Walter if you need information about scholarships (email: email@example.com) Register online at gotrtriangle.org.
Information From the PTA:
- The Super Bowl of Caring - Personal Hygiene Drive will take place from January 6th – January 31st. The RMS PTA is holding a community personal hygiene drive and an in-school collection contest. Toiletries collected will be donated to the Food Pantry located at RMS.
We are seeking Parent volunteers to assist/supervise student volunteers with collecting/sorting donations and issuing raffle tickets to students who bring in items.
Volunteers are needed from 7:45am - 8:10am for each morning school is in session: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b48a8af2ca13-rmspta3
- The ROCK will be available for rent to paintings starting in January for $25 a week, look for details in our website soon.