November 9, 2019
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week! There is a lot of important information being shared this week so please read carefully. Here are the updates to share this week:
- What an exciting Spirit Week. It was great to see all the student and staff participation! Congrats on a great fall sports season.
- Soccer: 4-3
- Volleyball: 7-0 (Conference Champions)
- Football: 7-0 (Conference Champions and first undefeated season in school history)
- We will be having another pep rally soon, to kick off our winter sports season. We are looking forward to several performances from our band, chorus, dance, and step team.
- Remember that there is no school on Monday in honor of Veteran’s Day. Thank you to those of you who serve or have served our country.
- Tryouts for basketball (boys and girls) begins on Tuesday. If you are trying out, you must have a current physical and athletic participation form on file. You should have also already registered on the athletics section of our school website.
- Next Saturday, November 16th we have Saturday School. I mis-spoke last week regarding breakfast. We WILL be serving breakfast. No lunch is served and dismissal is at 11:45.
- Duke Football is offering an exciting opportunity for our students. See the message below:
With many of our Duke Students leaving campus and heading home for Thanksgiving, Duke Football is looking for fill our student section with local students and their families for the November 30th game vs. Miami (Time TBD) at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium.
We are offering all area students a FREE ticket to the game. Their families and friends can also purchase significantly discounted tickets for only $14. Parking is also free for all fans in our general public lots.
All the students and their families have to do is visit www.GoDuke.com/BeAStudent to register.
- For parents whose students are a part of our Special Programs. The Special Education Advisory Council presents the 11th annual SPECIAL EDUCATION OPEN HOUSE AND RESOURCE FAIR at Martin Middle School (1701 Ridge Road, Raleigh) on Wednesday, November 13th beginning at 5:00 pm. Information sessions include transitions, curriculum, programs, and more. For more information, please visit wakeseac.org., or email. Please note: child care will not be available.
Information From the PTA:
- PTA meetings are held the third Monday of month starting with November. Please join us on 11/18 in the Media Center.
- The PTA is seeking volunteers for the November 22 Day of Awesomeness. Please contact us if you can help!