January 25, 2019
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week! Here are the updates and information for this week:
- 8th grade students who are attending Rolesville High School next year – They will have an open house and curriculum night next Thursday evening at 6:00 pm. This event is for students and parents. You will have an opportunity to get more information on honors and advanced placement courses.
- Verizon will be charging Remind a new fee that makes it impossible for them to continue supporting free text messaging for anyone who has Verizon Wireless as their phone carrier. Verizon users will be NOT charged after January 28. However, they WILL stop receiving Reminds unless they change these settings. How to keep using Remind:
In the Remind app go to settings and click “turn on email notifications”. This will allow you to continue to receive information shared through Remind via your email.
- Congratulations to both basketball teams on their victories yesterday against Wendell. The teams will travel to River Bend on Monday. We do not have a home game next week.
- Each year, Ms. Eichenlaub, our Spanish teacher, organizes an international trip. The trip for the spring of 2020 will be to Chile & Argentina. We want to let you know as early as possible so you have plenty of time to plan and pay for the trip if you are interested. There will be an information session on Tuesday, February 5th at 6:00 pm. It will be in the Spanish classroom – 1609. Please be sure that you reserve by going to the following address: https://rsvp.eftours.com/rmvd4me If you are interested, but unable to attend please still complete the RSVP and choose the “I can’t attend option”. You can also reach out to Ms. Eichenlaub by emailing her: firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM THE PTA
- We are heading into our last week of the “Super Bowl of Caring” contest. This is a great opportunity to provide practical help to those that need it the most. Every toiletry item that your student brings in, gives them a chance to win a RMS Spirit package that includes a T-shirt, two passes to any RMS home game and lots of other fun stuff. Meet us each morning in the front lobby and help make a difference! This personal hygiene drive is the pantry’s only source of these items. Last year we were able to collect enough items to outfit the pantry for a whole year and we hope to do that again – with your help, we can! Much needed items are Shampoo/Conditioner, Feminine Products, Deodorant, Bar Soap/Body Wash and Toothbrushes / Toothpastes. Items should be new and unused.
- Our Winter Box Top contest began this week and goes through Feb. 15th. Along with a top prize for the winning homeroom, we have prizes to be given out throughout the month to students from homerooms turning in the most box tops within designated timeframes! For Track 1 students-- your prize week is next week (Jan 28-Feb 1)! So turn in those box tops!
- The Book Fair is coming soon to RMS Library Learning Commons! The fair will open on Wednesday February 13 and run through Wednesday February 20 and will be open daily from 7:45am to dismissal. We welcome all families to stop in and check it out! A Scholastic preview and parent letter will be coming home with students very soon.
As always, volunteers are needed and any amount of time you can offer is greatly appreciated! Visit the sign-up link for our shifts and needs at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F49A5AF28A3FD0-2019.
- Spirit Wear is back on sale at the School Store each Wednesday! 7:45am-8:15 am. If you need any assistance before then, please reach out to our Spirit Wear team: email@example.com
- Please join us on Tuesday, 1/29 for our PTA meeting. We’ll be meeting in the Media Center at 7pm. All are welcome!
- The top two student sellers for the attraction books are from the seventh grade; Top seller is from Ms Boadwine's class and the other winner is from Ms. Langer's class. The 2 Best sellers and three of their friends will receive their choice of a Bojangles or Chick-fil-A lunch in the next month. Thanks to everyone who participated!