January 18, 2019
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week! Here are the updates and information for this week:
- Remember that there is no school on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- With cold temperatures recently and expected for next week this is a reminder to be sure students are dressed appropriately if you will be dropping them at school prior to 7:45. Students are allowed to wait between the double doors beginning at 7:30 when the temperature fall below 32 degrees.
- Congratulations to both basketball teams on their victories yesterday against Heritage. The girls also came out victorious on Monday against Wake Forest. We have a home game next Thursday vs. Wendell.
- Good luck to our cheerleaders who will compete against other middle school cheer teams next Friday evening.
FROM THE PTA
- There are items we all use daily that are necessities to many of us, yet luxuries to others like soap, deodorant, feminine products and other personal hygiene items. Let's change that - Donate to the Super Bowl of Caring Contest and make a difference! We will be collecting personal hygiene items until Feb 1st.
- Our Winter Box Tops contest runs Jan 22nd – Feb 15th and includes some great prizes for students! The homeroom with the most box tops collected in total by Feb. 15 will receive a special lunch provided by the PTA! Each week, one student* from the homeroom with the most box tops collected in that week (per track designation below) will receive a prize!
Interim prizes will be donated from local restaurants to enjoy some delicious appetizers for your upcoming Football/ Superbowl festivities! Plus all students in the winning home room will receive an ice cream treat!
Tracks 2/3: Jan 22-25
Track 1: Jan 28-Feb 1
Track 4: Feb 4-8
Continue to collect box tops even after your track winner is announced and increase your homeroom’s chance to win lunch!
*Note: only students who turn in box tops will be eligible for the interim prizes.
- Help get more books into the hands of young readers! Volunteers are needed to assist students during our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair Feb 13th-20th. Please visit our sign up to see specific shift times and sign up where you can assist: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49a5af28a3fd0-2019Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.