Return to Headlines
January 11, 2019
Dear RMS Families-
I hope everyone has had a great week! Here are the updates and information for this week:
- We still have over 200 of the coupon attraction books that have not been returned. Books that are not returned impact how much money we raise. If you still have that please return it on Monday. We appreciate your help with this.
- 8th grade parents don’t forget that we have our High School on the Horizon presentation next Thursday evening at 6:00 pm. Come out and hear information on graduation requirements and the upcoming registration process for your rising 9th grade student.
- Congratulations to both basketball teams on their victories against East Wake last evening. Both games next week will be away games.
- Next Friday was originally scheduled as an early release day. However, WCPSS has changed this to a full day of school.
- Report cards are being sent home today.
FROM THE PTA
- For those struggling to make ends meet, it can be difficult to obtain even basic hygiene items, please join us in helping to reduce that struggle. The “Super Bowl of Caring” contest is a great opportunity to provide practical help to those that need it the most. Every toiletry item that your student brings in, gives them a chance to win a RMS Spirit package that includes a T-shirt, two passes to any RMS home game and lots of other fun stuff. Meet us each morning in the front lobby and help make a difference! Much needed items are Shampoo/Conditioner, Feminine Products, Deodorant, Bar Soap/Body Wash and Toothbrushes / Toothpastes. Items should be new and unused.
- The annual Book Fair is returning to RMS in February! Volunteers are needed to help set up/break down, assist students with their purchases during the fair and get more books into the hands of young readers. We need lots of volunteers to have a successful book fair. Please visit our sign up to see volunteer needs and specific shift times and sign up where you can assist: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49a5af28a3fd0-2019 Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
- We’re taking a short break from Spirit Wear sales at the School Store. Sales will resume on Wednesday 1/30. If you need any assistance before then, please reach out to our Spirit Wear team: email@example.com