Weekly Message 7/26-7/30
7/26 - 7/30
Desplácese hacia abajo para español
Welcome Back Raven Families!
We are so excited to welcome you back to school for the 2021-2022 school year! Carpool students may begin unloading at 7:00. Students are tardy at 7:25. All students receive free breakfast and lunch this year!
Did you miss Open House? When you arrive at school, we will get you to your homeroom teacher who has your schedule.
Important School Information:
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, students will participate in a device distribution and exchange at school. As part of this, all students will be given a “Device Agreement Form” that must be signed by their parent/guardian and returned to school. In addition, some students will exchange their current device, some students will be issued a device for the first time, and some students will keep their current supported device.
- 6th grade should bring their WCPSS device and charger to school on Tuesday,
- 8th grade on Wednesday, and
- 7th grade on Thursday.
- PE Uniforms are now available for purchase on our website, check here to purchase! If you would like to purchase with cash or check, have your child bring $15 to Coach James or Coach Curley this week!
- If you missed the open house, click here to fill out the Beginning of the Year required forms.
- Wake County has an APP called “Here Comes the Bus” that enables you to find out where the bus is and check the anticipated arrival time. Click here to register and download the app.
- Follow us on facebook to see all the amazing things happening at Neuse River Middle School. Don’t have facebook, click here to follow us on Twitter!
- Talking Points is our main source of communication. Please make sure you are receiving and responding to the messages.
- If your student needs transportation to and from school and you haven’t filled out the transportation request form, please click here.
- Masks are required for all students (and staff) in the building when students are present.
- Directional hallways and stairwells are in place and will be reviewed with all students on Monday morning.
- Water fountains are still closed off. Please send a water bottle with your student. Their water bottles can be refilled throughout the day at our water refill stations throughout the building.
- If your student is sick, please keep them home and email Ms. Shore (email@example.com) for additional guidance. Students will need a doctor's note or a negative COVID test to return at this time.
- If your student becomes sick at school, you will be contacted and asked to pick your student up. You will sign your student out in the front office and then drive to the side of the building, labeled Care Center, to pick your student up.
- If your student is exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19, please contact Ms. Shore as soon as possible.
- Phone: 919-266-8500 ext. 21132
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students are reminded to return all overdue library books.
Monday, July 26th - First Day of School!
Friday, July 30th - House Sorting Day!
Wednesday, August 18th - Teacher Work Day, No School!
Monday, August 30th - Fall sports begin!
Monday, September 6th - Labor Day, No School!
The HOUSE SYSTEM IS COMING...
The house system will be rolled out this school year! Each house represents a specific character trait and students will work together to represent their trait with pride. Houses will meet throughout the year to participate in team bonding activities, work on character trait development and complete special projects together.
Students will also be earning points for their houses. Points are a way that we will be reinforcing the positive behavior that our amazing students show. There will even be a friendly house
competition between all the houses to see who will be our eventual “House Champion” for the school year. Please take a moment and watch the video, here, that talks about the houses! It’s going to be AMAZING!