Apex High School Graduation 2019
June 12th, 2019 @ 8 a.m.
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
The faculty and staff of Apex High School expect that graduation will be one of your most memorable experiences! It is a time to allow family, friends and the community to share in students’ achievements. Students, as well as parents, relatives and friends deserve a graduation ceremony that is dignified and memorable. Inappropriate and disruptive behavior can mar the entire ceremony and detract from the enjoyment of the graduates and their guests.
Graduation Rehearsal (REQUIRED TO WALK)
May 31st, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. @ Raleigh Convention Center
● Graduation rehearsal will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center, May 31st at 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. ASK OFF FROM WORK NOW!!
● Seniors should arrive at the Raleigh Convention Center no later than 5:45 p.m.
● Students who are not present for the rehearsal will NOT be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Notes for Rehearsal:
● Students should prepare to pay up to $10 for parking. Consider carpooling.
● Students should NOT wear caps and gowns to practice.
● Graduation and rehearsal are both school-related activities, and students are expected to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct policies outlined in the WCPSS Student Handbook and the AHS Code of Honor. Students who do not behave appropriately will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
● Graduation tickets will be distributed at graduation rehearsal. Each student graduate will receive (9) admission tickets for guests.
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 @ 8:00 a.m.
● Students should report no later than 6:45 a.m. Guests should expect to enter the building at 7:15 a.m.
● Students should arrive dressed in the appropriate graduation attire (see other side). CAPS AND GOWNS ARE NOT TO BE DECORATED IN ANY WAY.
● Students will receive diploma covers as they cross the stage. Diplomas will be issued immediately following the ceremony. Diplomas will not be issued to seniors who display inappropriate behavior at any time during the program - this includes line-up areas.
● Students who have their diplomas held due to inappropriate behavior will have to make an appointment at Apex High School the following week to meet with the principal to receive their diploma.
● Students are asked to remind family members and friends to refrain from clapping, yelling, etc. Everyone deserves their moment to be honored at the ceremony. Withhold celebrations until the end of the ceremony.
● Each senior will receive 9 tickets for guests. Only guests with tickets will be admitted.
● After the ceremony, all seniors should report immediately to the backstage area to receive diplomas from their homeroom teacher.
● Families should arrange a place prior to graduation to meet their graduate following the ceremony. Please arrange a place in the lobby or outside to meet. Backstage is not an appropriate place to meet.
● Transcripts will be available in the days following graduation. As soon as they are ready, the school will announce via Twitter and the school website.
● Transcript requests for in-state colleges and universities must be submitted through CFNC.org. Transcript requests for out -of-state colleges and universities must be made through https://wcpss.scriborder.com
● Students who apply through Common App must request a final transcript through CFNC.
Report all scholarship awards with a copy of the awards letter to Kathi Welch in Student Services by Friday, May 3rd.
Senior Awards Day/Picnic will take place on May 31st at 9 a.m. in the auditorium; there will be a picnic for lunch. Then, we’ll see you at graduation rehearsal that afternoon!
Students who must attend summer school in order to meet requirements will not be allowed to participate in the AHS Graduation Ceremony on June 12th, but may participate in the summer ceremony.
Seniors who are in jeopardy of not meeting graduation requirements should contact their counselor today!
Fees, Fines & Senior Survey
● All seniors must complete a senior survey by May 15, 2019. Go ahead and do it now! Here is the link to the Senior Survey: https://tinyurl.com/AHS2019Grad
● All fines, debts and other financial obligations must be cleared by 3:00 p.m., Friday, May 24th.
● Graduation guest tickets and diplomas will not be issued to students who have outstanding balances or have not completed the senior survey. Check the media center and the bookkeeper today!!!
Prohibited Items at Graduation:
Camera tripods, baby strollers, signs, balloons, glass containers, food or drinks, wrapped packages.
TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL TICKETS
Not all students who request an additional ticket may receive an extra ticket. Tickets are distributed in the order they are requested. Students are encouraged to speak with other graduates to see if they have any unused tickets.
Wear a dress or skirt that is shorter than your graduation gown, or black or khaki pants. Wear shoes with a low heel and attached to your heel in some way. Do not wear flip-flops or colorful hosiery.
Wear black or khaki dress slacks, white shirts, dark dress tie and dark or black dress socks and shoes.
Those wearing flip-flops, athletic shoes, blue jeans, shorts, or other unacceptable attire will not be allowed to participate.
No exceptions. No excuses!
All graduates will be checked for nuisance items such as gum, beach balls, e-cigs, marbles, bubbles and other items that may disrupt the ceremony. Any students who brings these items will be removed from the Convention Center graduation.
GRADUATION ETIQUETTE AND ATTIRE
We ask all students to fully cooperate with the dress code and other rules outlined in this handout. Any student, due to circumstances or extreme hardship, who cannot acquire the necessary items to meet the dress code requirements, should contact MS. MANN in room 1151 as soon as possible!
If you have not ordered graduation attire, please do so immediately through: www.jostens.com
*Gown should be neat and wrinkle-free and cap should be worn straight without a tilt. Tassels should be over right temple!*