Good evening East Garner Magnet Middle School Families, this is Jimmy Sposato, the proud principal of the Trojans reaching out with your weekly update. Welcome to the 2nd Quarter! We will celebrate with a virtual spirit week this week. Scholars will learn more about in homeroom this week. Tomorrow will be Mask Monday - Wear your favorite *mask or costume. Fall Spirit Week
- Final 1st quarter grades will be posted by Thursday, October 28. We will not send report cards home as all grades and attendance are viewable on Powerschools. All students have access, just ask them to show you!. Contact your grade-level counselor for parent access.
- We will have an Asynchronous Wednesday this week.
- Family Academy: On November 5th at 6:30 there will be a Parent Family Engagement night put on by Family Academy on Topic: Homework, Organizational Skills and PowerSchool. The Google Stream Code will be posted closer to the event date for families, as well as on the school website. Please let families know about this opportunity via TalkingPoints.
- Revised Grading Policy -We have updated our grading policy to begin the 2nd quarter. Attached is brief presentation to help explain the changes. Scholars are expected to submit complete and accurate work on time. Grading Policy Presentation Policy
- Important: WCPSS Virtual Academy Registration Windows, Spring Semester 2020-21 - The registration windows for the middle school WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester of the 2020-21 school year opens tomorrow for one week - Oct. 21- Nov. 4 You will have the following choices:
- Students currently enrolled WCPSS Virtual Academy have the opportunity to return to in-person instruction during the spring semester;
- WCPSS Virtual Academy students registered for “fall only” can continue in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester;
- Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy have the opportunity to register for VA for the spring semester.
Families may apply and find more information at www.wcpss.net/Virtual-Academy. Registration forms will be available online Oct. 21 for middle and high schools.Infor and Registration link:
- Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols - The Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols outlines our expectations for students to strictly follow our required health protocols when on our campuses (screening, masks, distancing and hand washing), as well as possible consequences and processes to address non-compliance. Families and students are asked to complete and sign the acknowledgement page and return it to their school, similar to the signature page for the Student Handbook.
- Students will be screened daily on campus. Carpools must be screened before exiting their cars. Bus riders will be screened as they depart bus. If a bus rider fails a screening the parent will be contacted for immediate pick up.
You received information last week regarding accommodation requests if a student is unable to comply with the face covering requirement. A parent or guardian may request an accommodation for their student that is related to the student’s disability or medical needs. These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the nature of the disability or medical need, the availability of alternative safety measures, and current public health guidance.
Jimmy Sposato, Principal
Reminder: Apply Online for Meal Benefits: you may complete an application online at www.wcpss.net/meals.Students eligible for reduced-price meals will receive their breakfast and lunch at no cost for the 2020-2021 school year.