Principal's Weekly Message
Greetings Middle Creek High School families,
This is Lacey Peckham, Principal of Middle Creek HS, with your weekly email update. We have finished out another great week at The Creek and I hope you are all headed into a fun and relaxing weekend.
Below are some reminders and updates for next week. Believe it or not, next week is the last week of First Quarter!
Reminders & Information:
Even though we are not in the building, we are still making sure our students are staying informed with announcements twice a week during their second period class. If your student missed them, or you want to keep up with different opportunities, please visit the “announcement” link on the main page of our website- halfway down the page under the “upcoming events” calendar. Below is a quick link that you can bookmark!
We are so excited about the return of HS Athletics! Following optional pre-seasons workouts, TRYOUTS FOR VOLLEYBALL AND CROSS COUNTRY will begin November 4th.
Any MCHS Student interested in trying out for Cross Country or Volleyball should:
• Have a valid physical on file with MCHS
• Register on the MCHS Athletics website (must create an account AND register) - Students Must register at least 48 hours prior to coming to campus for workouts/tryouts the first time! We need time to process your registration and make sure you are 100% in compliance.
• Bring the CoVid-19 Pre-Participation Health Care Questionnaire filled out completely on the first day they return (workouts or tryouts)
• Be on the Coaches Contact list - Volleyball is Coach Painter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cross Country is Amy Woynicz (email@example.com)
• Understand the Return to Play protocols that are listed on the MCHS Athletics website.
• Understand that 2020-21 Athletic events will be different and we need to make sure everyone is safe and compliant with our protocols.
Volleyball will begin screenings at 3:15 with tryouts starting at 3:30
Cross Country will begin screenings at 4:15 with tryouts starting at 4:30
For all other sports return information, please contact the sport specific coaches! The coaches contact list is on the Athletics Website: Link Here!
Senior Class 2020-2021 Information:
If you have a senior and they still have not taken their tux/drape portrait yet, we are excited to announce one more on-site opportunity next week: October 23rd. Prestige/Lifetouch is our schools official Senior Portraits Photographer and they will be on-campus October 23rd from 8-4pm to provide this photo opportunity. To sign up for a time slot, please use the link below. (No-walk-ins allowed.) This is a Teacher Workday, so there is no worry that students will miss class time!
To schedule your session:
1. Please visit https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/cxhmtc3s/
2. Select your school
3. Select your date and time
4. Bring your payment to the camera
Tux and Drapes will be cleaned (with a commercial steamer) between each use. Each student will have their entire sitting photographed by the same photographer to keep person to person contact to a minimum. Students, and one guest, will check in at the front lobby and staff will follow mask and social distancing guidelines.
The sitting fee is $15 (at time of appointment) and students will be photographed in 1 outfit-Black Drape for ladies and Tuxedo for gentlemen. Additional details are provided on the link below:
Full Details from Lifetouch about dress and safety measures: Click Here!
Information from Student Services:
October is CFNC's Countdown To College, here are some activities brought to you by Student Services during this month:
FREE College Application Week(s)!
October 19-30 is CFNC's Free College Application Week. Click here to find out which colleges are waiving their fee for students who apply during this time. Applications must be started through CFNC in order for the fee to be waived. Stay tuned for upcoming open help sessions with counselors during the free application window.
Daily counselor help for College Applications
Beginning October 12, a MCHS Counselor will be available at the Google Meet Code MCHSCollege from 1:30-2:30 each day to answer any questions related to college applications for seniors.
That concludes my updates and reminders for next week. Thank you for your attention to all of these details. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!