NCSU Summer Program for rising 11 & 12
From July 15th until July 18th, 2019, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences' (CALS) Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) at NCSU (https://cals.ncsu.edu/about/diversity/), is hosting a FREE summer program, for rising 11th and 12th grade high school students, called CAALS 3-D. In order that CALS ODI can provide notice of this wonderful opportunity to as many interested high school students as possible, we would appreciate your help disseminating via email or via printed flyer, the program information, included herein, to students and their families as soon, hereafter, as possible.
The CAALS 3D program (Creating Awareness of Agriculture and Life Sciences Disciplines, Degree Programs, and Discoveries) is inviting students, from North Carolina high schools, to NCSU for a four-day research experience with faculty in our college. The goal of this program is to introduce traditionally underrepresented students, with interests in science, to the science of agriculture and biotechnology, one of the most prolific career paths in North Carolina. Please see the attached flyer, which we hope you will be able to print and distribute to interested students, and families for more information (flyer link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SGA08-jCmIcDupIveBRVMRjwIrRIDc1p/view?usp=sharing).
- Students spend a week on the North Carolina State University Campus carrying out one of several research projects under the mentoring of faculty, postdocs and graduate students.
- Student groups present a short talk from their results at the closing reception on July 18th.
- Lunch is provided for participating students on campus for all program days.
- The daily program schedule is 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Transportation to and from campus is the responsibility of parents or guardians.
Interested students should apply ASAP at this link: go.ncsu.edu/CAALS3D and submit a teacher recommendation via this link: http://go.ncsu.edu/CAALS3Drec. Selected students will be notified via email. Please do not hesitate to contact our office via the contact information listed below with questions or concerns.