The WakeID Portal will be the entry point for district applications such as email, Google Apps, and Canvas and more.
Here is what you need to know to prepare for the launch:
- From 6 p.m. on March 14 to 6 a.m. on March 15, access to Google Apps (including Classroom) and Canvas will be temporarily unavailable. Email should still be accessible for all in the same way you access it now.
- On the morning of March 15, all staff and students should log into the WakeID Portal at https://wakeid.wcpss.net.
- All staff members will go to https://wakeid.wcpss.net and click "Claim My Account." Answer the questions, please pay close attention to the format of your answers, and create a new password.
- Then you should go back to https://wakeid.wcpss.net and sign in using your new password.
- Students will go to https://wakeid.wcpss.net and log in with the normal process but they will need to use their student ID number as their password. Students in grades 4-12 will then be prompted to reset their password.