2/17/21 Family Update
Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary Virtual Monday Folder
Week of February 17th
What Week Is It:
- Link to WCPSS Calendar
- WCPSS Family Updates Can be Found Here
Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary School Updates
Return for In-person Students on Wednesday, February 17th
Our staff has worked hard to minimize transitions and ensure strong relationships with ALL students so that we can support them through these upcoming changes. Please remember that although we are excited that some students will be back with us in person, we are also committed to continue to offer an outstanding virtual experience to our Virtual Academy students. Our staff has prepared a presentation for families to review before they return on Wednesday: Welcome To In-Person Learning
Please also review the WCPSS guidance that was shared with families:
- Read the Return to Campus Guide for families.
- Read Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols and sign the acknowledgement page. If you’ve already completed this form, you do not need to do it again.
- Students who are sick or not feeling well should stay home. If a student begins to not feel well or shows signs of illness during the day, a parent or guardian will be expected to promptly pick them up from school.
- Riding the bus? Complete the required attestation form, if you haven’t already, and learn the procedures to protect everyone’s health and safety.
- Learn about expectations for face coverings. A face covering must be secured safely over the nose, mouth, and under your chin.
- Learn about changes to meal service. Consider taking advantage of the free breakfast and lunch service.
- Learn about technology in schools. Students with a WCPSS device should plan to bring them to school. Those bringing a personal device will need a signed BYOD Consent Form.
- Be familiar with what happens when there is a COVID-19 case on campus.
Asynchronous Days / Remote Learning Days
- Week of February 22nd - Remote learning day on Wednesday, February 24th
- Week of March 8th - Remote learning days on Wednesday, March 10th and Thursday, March 11th
- Week of April 12th - Remote learning day on Wednesday, April 14th
- Week of May 3rd - Remote learning day on Wednesday, May 5th
- Week of May 24th - Remote learning day on Wednesday, May 26th
Labels & Offers: Do you shop at Harris Teeter or Amazon? Can you collect Box Tops? If so, here are 3 easy ways to earn money for Hunter. Last year, these rewards programs raised over $2000 for programs that support Hunter students throughout the school year.
AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. To shop at AmazonSmile simply start your shopping at smile.amazon.com and set Hunter PTA as your charity. We are "PTA North Carolina Congress Lucille Hunter GT Elem School PTA."
Harris Teeter VIC Card: When you purchase Harris Teeter Brand products using your VIC card, Harris Teeter contributes a percentage to Hunter. You can link your VIC card online at www.harristeeter.com or at any Harris Teeter cashier. Be sure to link to #2732 "Lucille Hunter Elementary." You must relink your card every year. It's not too late to link your card for benefits this school year! We raise over $400 each year with VIC card rewards.
Box Tops for Education: There are two ways to earn cash for Hunter through the Box Tops for Education program.
- Scan. The Box Tops program is going digital, and you may notice that many of the products you are used to seeing traditional Box Tops on now look different. Simply download the Box Tops app from Google Play or download the Box Tops app from the App Store, and scan your receipts within 14 days. Many stores have Bonus Box Tops offers that you can redeem through the app right now. Ordering groceries online? Follow the simple instructions in the Box Tops app to submit digital receipts.
- Clip. Simply clip the Box Tops from hundreds of your favorite General Mills brand products, found in nearly every aisle of your grocery store. Each Box Top worth $0.10 to Hunter. Due to COVID, we are not holding a traditional Spring Box Tops drive. However, if you have already collected more than 100 Box Tops to turn in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook: We are still accepting photos of 5th graders. We hope to have a picture of every 5th grader. It doesn't have to be portrait quality, any picture of your child's face will work. Currently we have 50 out of about 100 kids. To send a photo, either use the Google form here or email the photo, child's name and what your child might like to be when they grow up to email@example.com.
Yoga: Join Kelly each Tuesday morning from 8:30-9:00am. Please refer to your vmf email or call the office for information to join the Zoom Meeting.
Sidewalk Chalk Competition: We are THRILLED to announce that we will be conducting our first EVER school and community wide juried SIDEWALK CHALK COMPETITION March 10 & 11, 2021! Specific details announced soon, including theme, prizes, categories and more! Thank you all for your generous donations of chalk! We are super grateful for your support!
PTA Nominations: It is already that time to begin thinking about next year! Please consider if you’d like to join the PTA leadership in some capacity. No efforts are too small! We are hopeful that 2021-2022 will be a fantastic school year, and we can’t do it without your gifts and talents. If interested, please complete this google form and return to Karen Barnes by February 26. Descriptions of board positions and committee chairs can be found here. Thank you for your consideration!
Save the Date: The first PTA General Membership Meeting of 2021 has been moved to Wednesday, February 24th at 7:30pm. See you then!
The VMF is a weekly joint communication from Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary and the Hunter PTA. Our VMF will be digitally shared with families on Monday and serves as a single resource for families to understand all that is happening in our school community. Archived VMFs are available on the Hunter website. Paper copies of the VMF are available by contacting the Hunter Office.