8/31/20 Family Update
Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary Virtual Monday Folder
Week of August 24th - August 28th
Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary School Updates
Grade Level Landing Sites - Need help connecting with a staff member, joining a google meet, or watching a specials class? Access everything from our grade level landing sites. (Please note, our landing sites are a simple way to guide parents to log in to WakeID and be directly connected to teachers’ google classroom sites.)
School and WCPSS Communications - Both Hunter and WCPSS utilize the School Messenger Notification system to communicate with families through phone messages, emails, and text messages. If you feel like you are not receiving these communications, please email email@example.com to ensure that your email and phone numbers are up to date. You can also customize your School Messenger settings (at this link) to tailor messages to come to your family through the manner (phone, text, or email) to best meet your family’s preferences.
YMCA Scholastic Support Centers - The YMCA’s Scholastic Support Centers will be open to all of our surrounding families beginning Monday, August 24th. Hours are daily from 7:30 am – 6:00 pm at a cost of $89/week (or $17.80/day). There is an option for additional financial assistance for families based on need. Check out the flier at the following link for all of the information.
Robert Park is offering a REC Camp for our families. Hours are daily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at a cost of $120/week There is an option for additional financial assistance for families based on need. Check out the flier at the following link for all of the information.
Changes to Food Distribution Services Starting September 1
Effective September 1, families are required to provide a student ID number and pay for their meals based on their meal benefits status. Families are encouraged to use MySchoolBucks to prepay for meals to reduce any payment collections at curbside. Free and reduced-price meals will be available for eligible students. Families may pick up meals at our curb-side locations without a student present if they can provide the student’s name and ID number. Visit wcpss.net/food for updated food distribution location information. Families may still apply for free and reduced-price meals. Eligibility and application information is posted on wcpss.net/meals. For the 2020-21 school year, students who qualify for reduced-price meals will receive breakfast and lunch at no cost. Meals will not be distributed for the Labor Day Holiday. Due to our transition to the National School Breakfast Program, students’ names and student ID numbers will need to be provided beginning Monday, August 31 to receive breakfast for Tuesday, and beginning Tuesday, September 1 to receive breakfast and lunch.
Join the PTA! It’s easy to do online this year through Memberhub. Here’s the link! Remember, you have to join every year! Especially in this year’s uncertain times, the PTA is a tangible way to support Hunter, our staff and our students. Join today!
Yoga Virtual Yoga has returned! Join Kelly each Wednesday morning from 8:30-9:00am. Please refer to your VMF email for specific directions for joining this virtual meeting. If you have any troubles, please email Briana Pelton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chess Club: Virtual Chess Club begins Wednesday, September 16th. Please register your children at http://bit.ly/HunterChessReg. Then go to https://hunter.new.memberhub.store/store/items/127721 to make a contribution to the chess club. This year, registration will be “pay what you can” with an ask of $30 to cover ChessKid and additional fees.
Spirit Wear: Brand new Hunter swag is available in our MemberHub Store at https://hunter.memberhub.store/! While you’re joining the PTA online, show your support for Hunter by purchasing some spirit wear! Shop soft-style tees and hoodies with our new #HunterSTRONG mantra and pajama pants for maximum virtual learning comfort! Multiple designs, colors and youth/adult sizes available. If you are unable to purchase online using a credit card for any reason, please reach out to email@example.com to make alternate arrangements. Spirit Wear orders will close September 11th.
Big Thanks: Thank you to all of the PTA volunteers the past two weeks for your help! We could not have done it without you and we appreciate you! Special thanks to the Teacher Appreciation/Hospitality Committee for starting our year off in such a supportive manner!
PTA Social Media: As we realize and implement new needs this year, we will be communicating via Memberhub and social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). Please join the PTA to be apprised of all of these volunteer opportunities.
Labels & Offers: Do you shop at Harris Teeter or Amazon? Can you collect Box Tops? Do you like the Teach Me Store? If so, here are four easy ways to earn money for Hunter. Last year, these rewards programs raised over $2,000 for programs that support Hunter students throughout the school year.
- AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. To shop at AmazonSmile simply start your shopping at smile.amazon.com and set Hunter PTA as your charity. We are "PTA North Carolina Congress Lucille Hunter GT Elem School PTA."
- Harris Teeter VIC Card: When you purchase Harris Teeter Brand products using your VIC card, Harris Teeter contributes a percentage to Hunter. You can link your VIC card online at www.harristeeter.com or at any Harris Teeter cashier. Be sure to link to #2732 "Lucille Hunter Elementary." We can also relink your VIC card for you if you complete this survey . You must relink your card every year. We raise over $400 each year with VIC card rewards.
- Box Tops for Education: There are two ways to earn cash for Hunter through the Box Tops for Education program.
- Scan. The Box Tops program is going digital, and you may notice that many of the products you are used to seeing traditional Box Tops on now look different. Simply download the Box Tops app from Google Play or download the Box Tops app from the App Store, and scan your receipts within 14 days. Many stores, including Target, have Bonus Box Tops offers that you can redeem through the app right now.
- Clip. Simply clip the Box Tops from hundreds of your favorite General Mills brand products, found in nearly every aisle of your grocery store. Each Box Top is worth $0.10 to Hunter. Due to COVID, it is unlikely that we will be able to hold a Fall Box Tops drive, but we hope to hold a drive in the Spring. If you have already collected more than 100 Box Tops to turn in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teach Me Store: When you shop at the Teach Me Store (local to Raleigh!) either online or in person, mention “Hunter Elementary School PTA” at checkout. 10% of your purchase goes directly to PTA to buy supplies for Hunter teachers!
Hunter staff, parents and students have supported Hunter through Campbell's Labels for Education, Kroger Plus, and Target Red Cards in the past. These programs no longer offer rewards to schools. Know of a rewards program we haven't mentioned? Let us know about it! Contact Eliza Kiser at email@example.com. These programs are free to participate in and do not impact other savings (like VIC card savings or Amazon Prime benefits). Please share this info with grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, and neighbors! Support the Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary PTA while you shop!
The VMF is a weekly joint communication from Hunter GT / AIG Magnet Elementary and the Hunter PTA. Our VMF will be digitally shared with families on Monday and serves as a single resource for families to understand all that is happening in our school community. Archived VMFs are available on the Hunter website. Paper copies of the VMF are available by contacting the Hunter Office.