Books to Go - Checking out Media Center Books
Books to Go
We are excited to offer a Green “Books to GO" service to our Green families. It will work similarly to the Wake County Public Library "Books to GO." Students and families can request books through the online library catalog and then pick them up at the front of the school! This is also the way to return school library books.
Beginning on Sept 23, 2020, and every Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 - 4:00
To borrow books from our Library, follow these steps:
① Log in with your WakeID and click on the
Follett Destiny icon in the portal.
② When Destiny Discover opens, search for books in the search bar or by clicking on a topic. When you find a book you want, click on HOLD.
- You may place 10 books on hold, but only 6 will be checked out to you at a time.
- Please note that you may only check out 2 books from any popular series at one time.
- Books are due back in 3 weeks.
- Students, please ask your families for permission to participate in the "Green Books to GO" program BEFORE placing holds on physical library books. Parents, if you know that it will be impossible for you to get to the school to pick up the books, please fill out this Opt-Out form.
③ WAIT until your parents receive an email telling you that the book(s) you placed on hold are ready for pickup.
④ Pick up your books at Green between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on every Wednesday and Friday that we have school (only if your parents have received an email from me)!
- Your book(s) will be in a bag labeled with your name. The bags will be on a cart near the front entrance.
- Please wear a mask when coming for pickup. Masks are required on all WCPSS property. Thank you for helping to keep our school community safe and healthy.
- Only one person from the car should come up to get the books. Please stay 6 feet apart from other families/staff members.
- If books have not been picked up after one week, they will be checked in and returned to the shelves.
⑤ If you have books to return, place them in the book return bin. They will be quarantined before being checked in.
CAN WE READ BOOKS ONLINE TOO?
Yes, there are temporarily over 6,000 ebooks available to read using our online school library catalog! There are also learning links on the site to access even more information and reading material. Happy Reading!
WHAT IF PARENTS HAVE NO WAY TO GET TO THE SCHOOL?
Parents, please fill in this Opt-Out form, so that we don’t have to pull, checkout, and package the books unnecessarily.
Please contact Mrs. Falcone at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions