Principal Message 11/9/2020
Good morning Explorer Families,
We welcome back Cohort C Plan B Transitional students in Grades Pre K-3 for face to face instruction. Virtual Academy students will remain virtual.
Please remember only WCPSS Current Plan – Cohort C students will be coming to school next week.
Picture Day is coming!
We will continue on with Picture Day beginning 11/17 for all students who are in attendance. Pictures will be taken following all health and safety protocols.
11/17 EC, Pre K-3 & 4/5 Cohort A Students
12/1 4/5 Cohort B Students 12/8 4/5 Cohort C Students
Please take a moment to review the critical information below.
Arrival will begin at: 8:45 am
Instruction will begin at: 9:15
End of day dismissal is at: 3:45
Students who are afternoon carpool should be picked up by 4:00.
Are you in need of Support Services? Guidance counselor or Social Worker? Please call the school at 919-773-7411 and ask to be connected to one of our Support Staff members.
- Bus Routes – Parents can access the bus route information on our website.
- Bus Attestation Form – We sent a paper copy of this to each student/family during material distribution. You can also complete this online by following this link. It only needs to be completed ONCE for each student that will ride the bus.
- WCPSS Video for Boarding the bus at the bus stop – Please review this video on the protocols for boarding the bus at the bus stop.
- Here Comes The Bus - The free bus tracking system is now up and running. It translates GPS data into an easy to use customizable map that works on a computer, tablet or smartphone. The app allows parents to see where their bus is and how close it is to their stop. Follow the link for more information.
- Request a Carpool Number - Complete this form if your family needs a NEW or REPLACEMENT carpool tag.
November 11: No School- Veterans Day
November 17: Picture Day EC, Pre K-3 & 4/5 Cohort A Students
November 18: Asynchronous Day
December 1: 4/5 Cohort B Students
December 8: 4/5 Cohort C Students
Thank you again for the support you have given our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need assistance.