Principal Message 11/16/2020
Good morning Explorer Families,
We are excited to begin re-opening and to welcome our Explorers back to school on Monday in Grades Pre K-3rd for full time instruction. And we welcome back Cohort A 4th and 5th graders for face to face instruction. Virtual Academy students will remain virtual.
Please remember only WCPSS Current Plan – Cohort 1 students will be coming to school next week.
Important: Changes in Social Distancing Expectations for Elementary School
On Monday, November 16, the first cohort of grades 4 and 5 will return to campus, along with all K-3 and regional program students. On this date, the number of students in K-3 classrooms will increase. All schools will continue to social distance whenever possible, but K-3 classrooms are not expected to maintain six feet of space between desks or students if space does not allow. All students should continue to stay apart from other students, employees, and visitors, to maintain as much social distancing as possible. This information will be shared with staff and families today.
Picture Day is coming!
We will continue on with Picture Day beginning 11/17 for all students who are in attendance. Pictures will be taken following all health and safety protocols.
11/17 EC, Pre K-3 & 4/5 Cohort A Students
12/1 4/5 Cohort B Students 12/8 4/5 Cohort C Students
FYI: Food Distribution During Thanksgiving Week
Curbside pickup locations and Big Bus Food Truck sites will distribute two lunches and two breakfasts on Fri., Nov. 20 to also cover meals for Mon. Nov. 23 as all curbside pick up locations and Big Bus Food Truck locations will be closed on this date. On Tuesday, Nov. 24, our CNS team will distribute a four-day holiday pack at our curbside pick-up locations and Big Bus Food Truck sites as long as supplies last. Food distribution services will not be occurring Nov. 25-27.
Please take a moment to review the critical information below.
Arrival will begin at: 8:45 am
Instruction will begin at: 9:15
End of day dismissal is at: 3:45
Students who are afternoon carpool should be picked up by 4:00.
Are you in need of Support Services? Guidance counselor or Social Worker? Please call the school at 919-773-7411 and ask to be connected to one of our Support Staff members.
- Bus Routes – Parents can access the bus route information on our website.
- Bus Attestation Form – We sent a paper copy of this to parent during material distribution. You can also complete this online by following this link. It only needs to be completed ONCE for each student that will ride the bus.
- WCPSS Video for Boarding the bus at the bus stop – Please review this video on the protocols for boarding the bus at the bus stop.
- Here Comes The Bus - The free bus tracking system is now up and running. It translates GPS data into an easy to use customizable map that works on a computer, tablet or smartphone. The app allows parents to see where their bus is and how close it is to their stop. Follow the link for more information.
- Request a Carpool Number - Complete this form if your family needs a NEW or REPLACEMENT carpool tag.
November 17: Picture Day EC, Pre K-3 & 4/5 Cohort A Students
November 18: Asynchronous Day
December 1: 4/5 Cohort B Students
December 8: 4/5 Cohort C Students
Thank you again for the support you have given our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need assistance.
With great respect,