School Messenger from Mrs. Graf
January 22, 2019 School Messenger- Week of School
Good afternoon Explorers,
This is Principal Graf with your weekly update. It’s cold outside but nice and toasty inside the school--perfect for learning!
- January 21st: MLK Holiday-School Closed
- January 22, 2018: Math Night from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Light snacks and refreshments will be served. January 28-March 8th: ACCESS Testing for ELL Students
- 2/1: Class Pictures
- 2/4: Quarter 3 Interims Sent Home
- 2/15: Early Release
Congrats & Kudos:
- Congratulations to the MANY teachers who became Google Certified over the last 2 weeks! We now have about 75% of our staff with this certification. I am so proud of the work they are doing to ensure our instruction is aligned with the 4 C’s and our district mission and vision.
- Our Capturing Kids Hearts Model School Nomination is incredible and it affirms the hard work of our staff and students in making significant improvements in our day to day operations and school culture. More to come about this honor and our next steps in preparing for our CKH walkthrough.
Terrific Teeth Day!
TERRIFIC TEETH -February 2, 2019 - 10 a.m.—2 p.m.
Kick off Children’s Dental Health Month with the Poe Center and Raleigh Wake County Dental Society.
Brush up on your cavity-fighting power and learn about your amazing teeth.
Poe Center for Health Education 224 Sunnybrook Road Raleigh, NC 27610
FREE DENTAL SCREENINGS with the Colgate Dental Bus (children under 12) PLUS MORE. See the attached flyer.
It is time to register any rising K student for the 2019-2020 school year. Please call the Office and ask to speak with Ms. Santiago with any questions. Registration is daily in the month of January from 9:30-3:00. If you would like to make an appointment for early or later hours, please call Ms. Santiago and schedule a time.
Remaining School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
EOG Testing Begins: May 13, 2019 Sign-outs and late arrivals will not be permitted during this time.
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions. Always Explorer Proud, Mrs. Graf