School Messenger from Mrs. Graf
January 2, 2019
School Messenger- Week 19 of School
Good afternoon Explorers,
This is Principal Graf with your weekly update. It’s second semester and hard to believe that our school year is half over! This means we need to be focused on our learning so that we make the most of our time at school.
- January 2nd: Teacher Work Day
- January 3rd: Students Return Back to School--1st Day of School in 2019!
- January 6th: NKT K-2 & NC Check Ins (assessments)
- January 9th: Math Night 6-7 p.m.
- January 18th: Early Release
- January 21st: MLK Holiday-School Closed
- January 28-March 8th: ACCESS Testing for ELL Students
- 2/1: Class Pictures
- 2/4: Quarter 3 Interims Sent Home
- 2/15: Early Release
Congrats & Kudos:
- Congratulations to Lauren Taylor and Catherine Mills for becoming Google Level 2 Certified! Congrats to Debra Darlington for becoming Google Level 1 Certified over Winter Break! I am so proud of the professional growth of our instructional staff. This will support our students in the classroom.
- Our Capturing Kids Hearts Model School Nomination is incredible and it affirms the hard work of our staff and students in making significant improvements in our day to day operations and school culture. More to come about this honor and our next steps in preparing for our CKH walkthrough.
It is time to register any rising K student for the 2019-2020 school year. Please call the Office and ask to speak with Ms. Santiago with any questions. Registration is daily in the month of January from 9:30-3:00. If you would like to make an appointment for early or later hours, please call Ms. Santiago and schedule a time.
Remaining School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
EOG Testing Begins: May 13, 2019 Sign-outs and late arrivals will not be permitted during this time.
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions.
Always Explorer Proud,