Week 17 Message from Mrs. Graf
November 19, 2018 Week 17
Good afternoon Explorers,
This is Principal Graf with your weekly update. It’s week 17 of school. It’s a short week with Early Release on Tuesday at 1:15 p.m. I want to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving from East Garner.
PTA Corner: Have you returned your Attractions fundraising book to the PTA yet? Please return so the PTA will not be in debt from this fundraiser.
Transportation Concerns: Parents we understand your frustration with the buses running late. Every day Ms. Anderson and I monitor the arrival of buses on campus. When a bus does not arrive on time we call Transportation. They typically provide us with information, i.e. it’s 5 minutes late, broken down, etc. we then communicate the information as soon as we get. When a bus is late we are with students either outside or in the hall monitoring and supervising. All Transportation concerns about timeliness should be directed to 919-805-3030. If no one answers, please leave a message to share your concerns and a call back number.
- Field Trips: Ms. Anderson will be providing updates on the field trips in early December to families.
- 11/20: Early Release 1:15 p.m.
- 11/21-23: Thanksgiving Fall Break
- 12/6: Digital Family Night
- 12/10-14: Spirit Week
- 12/12: 3rd Grade Author’s Tea
- 12/14: End of Quarter 2 & Report Cards Sent Home
- 12/17-31: Winter Break for Students
- 1/1: Holiday No School
- 1/2/2019: No School Teacher Workday
Congrats & Kudos:
- Congratulations to Ms. Anderson, Ms. Wyant and Ms. Darlington who presented strategies and supports our school uses to support academic achievement with me. They shared their knowledge with principals, assistant principals and central office staff at the end of the week.
- Coming Soon: Spotlight on Student: Who will it be?
Remaining School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
Student Track Out 2/Holiday Break: December 17, 2018-January 2, 2019
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions.
Always Explorer Proud,